a question of conscience

by KAYTEE 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• trevor
    trevor

"I know for a fact how hard it is to go to a congregation where 80% of the people are just as bad as "WORLDLY" people. It makes it even harder when 95% of the Elders and Ministerial Servants are not qualified to be in that special priviledge."

If these people claim to represent Jehovah and are mostly as bad as worldly people, that makes them worse because they are hypocrites.

If you really believe in Jehovah, then every time you support such a set up you are bringing reproach in his name. What will it take to make you face the truth about the Watchtower Society and it’s corrupt organization - 100% bad people?

How much of an apple has to be rotten before it is considered bad fruit? “And by their fruits you will know them…..”

trevor

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

dfed,

I want to thank you for an honest and straightforward answer. I do want to clarify somethingthough. The fact that so many others have left the Org because of what someone else did or didn't "do", is not quite accurate.

Usually it's because of what they have personally seen and read, things that are very damaging to the credibility and the claims that the WTS has said, and cannot prove.

The fact that these folks have not felt the love that the WTS says that it has for all the sheep---is most often secondary in their desire to leave. Very few leave because of what one individual may have done to them. It simply adds one more piece to the puzzle that completes the whole picture of that religion.

Annie

• trevor
    trevor

Why is that whenever Jehovah’s Witnesses are asked straight forward questions, they either become abusive or disappear?

• peggy
    peggy

Derrick------ that was such an honest reply. It shows you are still struggling. You come to the JWD for reasons you may not even be aware of. You haven't been frightened or bullied away by the ones who would have you think just like them......NOW, RIGHT NOW! No one should ask that you leave what is so strongly entrenched. I find your loyalty to your GOD beautiful. Your words are not always eloquent, still you are thinking. Slowly your personality is emerging. I have noticed ones here at the JWD trying to listen more to what you have to say, trying to understand where your thoughts are coming from. I think there are some who remember where THEY came from. Others very clearly have forgotten. It is easy for them to claim ABUSE or wonder where you have run off to. Still YOU continue to return and to share in dialogue. I made the point somewhere earlier that you are not doing the WTS any favors for your contributions to the forum. Still you are a CONTRIBUTOR.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Defd.....what "food" exactly are you getting?
    What new insight are they sharing Defd?
    I read the Watchtower Blondie posts here and there. NOTHING NEW. NOTHING! Same old tired catch phrases and control mechanisms. Please, please tell me what "food at the appropriate time" they are serving up? It's spirtual leftovers.
    I challenge you to find something new and insightful that they have served up in the past 12 years since I have left. Heck....20 years.
    Defd...honestly....look around your congo and see how many people would TRULY go out of their way and possibly risk life or limb for you. How many?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit