City person or Country person

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Me too Stilla, I love going to a big city, just to visit, not live there.

I live in town of about 100,000 and thats the right size for me. Not too big and nothing you won't find.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I enjoy the piece, quite and nature of the country but I also enjoy the convenience and opportunities in the city.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I would love to live in the country where there is peace and quiet.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I like a small town...and if it's only an hour or so to a large city....so much the better. I get plenty of big city in my weekly travels. In fact, I was through Syracuse, NY the other day...last time I was there was in 1976. It's sure changed since then.

I live in the burbs of Nashville, TN. It's only 15 or 20 min. to downtown (when there's no rush hour traffic)...but our community is pretty quiet.

Ern

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I live in a small village (5000 inhabitants) and would love to live in an much smaller community or better on the country side with no neighbours at all.......

• JH
    JH
    I live in a small village (5000 inhabitants) and would love to live in an much smaller community or better on the country side with no neighbours at all.......

Now I know why your name is CountryWoman...

• minimus
    minimus

New York City is my favorite place. City all the way!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Portland, Oregon, is a city of 300,000+ (plus suburb cities for an area population of over 1m) with a small town feel and attitude. It's pleasant here. People are nice most of the time. Rush hour in several areas has gotten really bad. But Kevan commutes by bus 4 miles and I don't work anymore (cant due to health)

The older I get, the smaller town I want to live in.

I lived in Seattle and really loved it for many years until it got too big-city-minded for my taste. It got weird up there! Traffic was horrid and what used to be nice drivers inspite of the bad traffic became maniacs and abusive. That began to spill over into other areas of everyday life. I moved back to Portland in 97.

We (Kev and I) Looked at large lot-small acreag in Hawaii for our retirement home, and realized that we no longer have the physical where-with-all to live that semi-sufficient lifestyle anymore - especially as we get older. So we bought (in process of closing) a little 3br ranch on 1/3 acre - half of which is 120 yo pahoeoe lava flow. Unfortunately, no view. But it will be comfy for us. Hilo Big Island has a population of about 50,000. The Island has a population of 150,000. Very rural. But most everything we want or need, except for Kev's fine-scale modeling, is available on the island. AND he gets a lot of his modeling supplies online anyway.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Country Woman, you speak to my heart

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

It really depends on how my day is going. I like the liberty of a large city. I like the family feel of a small town. Either way, I love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit