City person or Country person

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    or shop for something and know that if one store doesn't have it, I only have to go a mile or so and another one will.

Well, the good thing about small town life is that what you're looking for is almost always in stock. I hear that many sought-after new releases (like books, video games, etc.) tend to sell out quickly in cities.

• Vassago
    Vassago

I am totally a country girl!!

Hate the city, all the tall buildings and traffic and people everywhere!!!

I love horses and dogs and MOTORCYLCES!!!

I live out in the burbs, about 40 mins from Detroit, so if I have a craving for some stress and a numb left arm, then I drive out there.

I work at the Rencen in Detroit, but I make sure I am there at 6:00 am and I leave at 2:30 pm, so there is not that much traffic.

I grew up on 6 acreas, with Great Danes and horses, and a couple of chickens running around. That was my way of escaping, get on my motorcycle and riding till the sun went down.

That is the life.

Would love to move to England, and live in a stone country house, with a ton of land, that would be paradise.

Vass

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I'm with Vassago.

I also grew up in the country, surrounded by corn fields. We had goats, two horses, a few chickens, and I don't know how many dogs and cats. I now live on the outskirts of a small town which feels sort of confining, but still comfortable.

I get extremely paranoid when I go to any city, and looking up at the buildings gives me the worst case of vertigo. I refuse to drive within city limits, so whenever I go to Baltimore I take the light rail. I also must look very much like a tourist, because homeless people will pick me out of the crowd and ask for change or a cigarette.

I'd say the worst part of being in the city is dealing with crosswalks. I almost got splattered 3 times in one day! Doesn't the little green man walking mean that it's safe to go across?

• blondie
    blondie

I have the best of both worlds. I live in a small town with a field in the back yard but within easy driving distance of a larger city (where I work). If I were retired, I'd prefer the country all the time with limited excursions into urban areas. Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit