Generic thread about supernatural

by FMZ 49 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Rem... this harks back to the ol' days, eh? hehe.

So, how about we set up this experiment? If you are serious about wanting to experience the "inipi", I would love to study your viewpoints before and after. Hell, if you are really serious, how about I join you on the trip?

Seriously...

FMZ

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Goodonya FMZ. I recommend an Ojibwa or a Sioux inipi (a sioux word). I would be very interested in the before-after "results" too!

Experiencing something is a far greater education than studying about it.

FMZ have you been to a sweat?

• rem
    rem

Why would location and moment of birth have ANYTHING to do with someone's personality? Exhaustive studies have been done on this and there is absolutely zero correlation. Yes, it is a pseudoscience. :)

rem

• rem
    rem

What's involved in this? To tell you the truth it sounds kinda boring to me. Spending a night in a haunted house seems more exciting. I don't know... I guess I've never really connected with or had much interest in Native American culture. I view it just the same as any witch doctor shamanism.

I'm sure my girlfriend is going to love this... "You're doing what for the weekend?" (rolls eyes)

rem

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Rem... your avatar looks like Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park.

That comment has absolutely nothing to do with anything except an opinion based on observation. ;)

• FMZ
    FMZ

Brenda, nope... not been to one. In fact, I have never had any kind of "induced" experiences. Everything I have experienced has been spontaneous. I would love to take part in one of these sweats.

Again, if Rem is interested, we could figure something out for an experiment. Could compare my results to his. That may mean a third party is needed.

FMZ

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Rem, immersing yourself in a possibly haunted house verses taking an active part in a mystical ceremony are very different. Going to a movie vs. going for a ride in an amusement park.

It's not usually a weekend thing unless you have to drive a ways and end up staying overnight. In my experience they've been 3 to 6 hours of on location involvement.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

FMZ, Rem, when you compare notes, you will find your physical experiences to be similar, however your psychological/spiritual experiences may differ wildly!

There are mixed sweats and gender-only.

I wish I could refer you, but I haven't been to a sweat in 3 years, and that was at a powwow campout in E washington state.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Brenda, any contacts you could recommend for us to maybe start looking at all?

FMZ

• Sirona
    Sirona

REM I do accept that mass delusion can exist. Just because it exists it doesn't have to apply to every group of people which doesn't agree with YOU.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit