Generic thread about supernatural

by FMZ 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Come on people I want to read the stories!!!!

I already said one of mine and I have More. So please tell!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well there was this female demon with enormous breasts and she just put both arms around me and then pinned me to the bed so I could not resist and................

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

evan,

this shows a lack of knowledge regarding scientific method. science is not concerned with proving the unprovable. falsifying the unfalsifiable. it simply does not work that way.

Just shows how science illiterate I am!

Evanescence

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Anyone ever felt an overwhealming love? *spiritually* you know praying to God, then feeling great love? methinks that God can communicate to us in many different ways, looked at a site mentioned about this overwhealming love experiance, says its god telling us that he loves us.

To all those science geeks, what would be the scientific explanation on this?

Evanescence

• Quotes
    Quotes

Stilla:

I'm LMAO!!!

Beautiful!

You shuffle and link unrelated equations, better than the Watch Tower Society shuffles and links unrelated scriptures!

• FMZ
    FMZ

Evanescence.. yes.

I am quite a mentally stable person, not prone to major moodswings. I was once on the 4 hour long drive back to town after going to a customer's site. On the way, I started looking around me, and really taking in my surroundings. There was no amazing sunset, no mist covering the ground. Nothing.

But, there and then, I felt at peace with everything, I just felt so loved and so happy. I bust out crying! I literally was in tears for absolutely no reason, driving down the interstate. I just felt an intense connection. It was amazing, simply amazing.

FMZ

• rem
    rem

Man, the Watchtower Society has really messed with people and their ability to critically observe reality. It is unbelievable to me how many on this board actually believe in the paranormal. Many do without having any experiences of their own, and the many who have had "experiences" they turn out to be ordinary mundane coincidences or hallucinations explainable by sleep paralysis.

Unbelievable. Then they try to act like science can't explain it. News flash! There is a scientific study of the paranormal called parapsychology and absolutely nothing has been found in about 100 years of detailed research. Not a thing. I'm not talking about non-scientist fan-boy ghost hunter hobbyists. I'm talking about serious research. With that amount of time and effort, if anything existed it would have been found by now - especially considering how "common" these experiences seem to be.

The Watchtower still has control over you and you don't even know it. Sure, it must be satisfying to believe in such rubbish, but it was also satisfying to believe I would never die. Time to move on and join the rest of the rational world.

rem

• Sirona
    Sirona

Rem,

You continue to deny that we're telling the truth if we DO relate experiences that cannot be explained by A. hallucination or B. sleep paralysis. The "fall back" is "oh you're memory of the event is distorted" or "you are lying".

Well believe it or not () some of us are not lying and no matter what we say you'll still NEVER believe it. The thing is, I don't blame you. Neither do I deride you for your views, which is what you appear to be doing to those to *do* believe.

Sirona

PS. I guess what I'm saying is that my world view allows for things which have *not yet* been proven scientifically. I've heard that we still don't know how bees can fly (given their weight and wing size) but they do, don't they? Before you spout "but we can observe bees" - I'll say, but we can observe other phenomena. If you lived in a country without bees and you met someone who had seen them, would you say bees didn't exist because no scientific test has proven that such a creature can fly?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    PS. I guess what I'm saying is that my world view allows for things which have *not yet* been proven scientifically.

sirona,

i'm sure rem's does too. it's just safer to admit that some things will *never* be "proven" scientifically.

• Sirona
    Sirona

well it sounds to me like rem doesn't allow room for anything that hasn't been scientifically proven.

I always find it strange how certain people can accept the strange theories found in quantum physics (accept as in....think they're probable) but when it comes to something that people the world over claim to have experienced, they would rather think it is mass delusion.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit