Generic thread about supernatural

by FMZ 49 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

(event which happened to me that I do not feel that science can explain)

(asking for other possible explanations)

• horrible life
    horrible life

I've got one too. I want science to explain it. Otherwise, I still get the creeps. HL

• Daunt
    Daunt

I've had plenty of experiences that can not be explained scientifically (Usually dealing with possibility). Weird shit happens, if we start thinking about it too much we'll start making up stories about why it happened which wont get us anywhere.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I feel that there are somethings that science can never explain, things that does not leave a trace, science can only prove things that leaves a trace or a hint, supernatural is a power pass our human knowledge and power, only religion has some grasp and understanding of it, but science cannot prove everything!

Just my views

Evanescence

• greendawn
    greendawn

I also agree science is still in it's infancy though many discoveries were made that's only a drop in the ocean 200 years from now our scientific knowledge will appear primitive.

So there are many mysteries to be solved especially relating to the brain and its interaction with invisible as yet unknown forces.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I feel that there are somethings that science can never explain, things that does not leave a trace, science can only prove things that leaves a trace or a hint, supernatural is a power pass our human knowledge and power, only religion has some grasp and understanding of it, but science cannot prove everything!

There is a difference between something that is 'unexplainable' and something that is 'supernatural'. The supernatural is largely the stuff of mythology and folklore, some of which has been perpetuated into the modern age. Science is about forming hypotheses and testing them to establish if a postulation is true. By that definition, something need not leave a trace to be subject to scientific analysis. It simply needs to be observable (and/or repeatable). By that token, if something is observable, those witnessing it have a record of it in their mind, and in that vane, a trace is left.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Jeff, I'll let you know now that i'm science illiturate lol! I can't stand the subject either!

Evanescence *In the creative not logic class!*

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

The annoying thing with science is when they cannot prove something they turn around and say it doesn't exist! isn't that a bit hypocritical

Dunno really, just wish I didn't have to put up with science at school! (surprised I passed the subject )

Evanescence *got a Science teacher that makes 45 minutes (1 period) go forever! class*

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry, bud. Much as I love ya, you aint no SixofNine

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A sister I shepherded once had a demon (well she said demon) but the bedshhets lifted and a presence got in bed next to her. She was so frightened and was as white as a sheet when I saw her. My brother-in-law had a demon attack also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit