hello all - new here

by GoingGoingGone 40 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome GGG, and the best of wishes to you....hang in there, you will find comfort here, as many here have. I can't imagine fading, (as I've done) with my husband an elder....you are a courageous woman.

Delilah

• thom
    thom

Welcome GGG! I think you'll find alot of people here that can really relate to what you're going through, and can offer comments that are very helpful.
    I only stopped about 9 months ago, but already I feel so much freedom and am happy that I did it. I haven't lost my desire to understand God, just my desire to worship the WTBTS. You're just leaving the JWs, has nothing to do with leaving God.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Wow GGG and welcome......

I'll bet your husband is just going apeshit trying to keep up the appearance of the perfect JW family for others on the body and the congregation. With all he has to do now, now dragging the kids to the meetings, the full weight of keeping up the appearance is on him and I'll bet on meeting nights you can cut the tension with a knife in your home.

Keep working on those kids though. The WT is in full "guilt the kids" mode trying to keep their younger generation from evaporating all together.

• Es
    Es

Welcome GGG yeah I can relate a little to that, ive been a fader for 3 years now, and believe me the first year is the hardest, very emotional time, but it def gets easier. I guess its harder for you still having hubby in the truth, my ex and i seperated and then both of us left the borg, my dad is an elder so that makes it hard at times. Be strong we are here to help and be your friends :) es

• kls
    kls

Welcome GGG, i know the feeling ,i was a jw and saw it for the cult it is but my husband won't leave it. Many here have the same as you and i and know how you are feeling.

• Jez
    Jez

Don't look back at old friends anymore. Now that you know certain things and are actively thinking, you change, but they don't. Even if you started going back to meetings tomorrow, you could not be friends with them anymore...you look at them and see strangers. You can't openly talk about life because our perception of everything has changed and everything we say is sprinkled with a new understanding of life, religion, etc. The connection is lost and it is meant to be. Where you are at in life, is where you are meant to be.

Once you jump back from the facade of their existence and start to gain true happiness, there is no jumping back in, it is like pounding on a sound proof glass wall....you can SEE each other, but you can no longer HEAR each other.

Cheers, Jez

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome GGG. I hope you find the friendship that you desire and need. Leaving while your mate stays is very hard. It can be done. I believe in being patient, kind and firm with the jw mate. That doesn't mean they will be the same way back, but oh well.

Good luck.

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Hi there and welcome :)

Sounds like quite a situation you have there still being surrounded by all that. The people here are awesome though.

Can't wait to hear more from you :D

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome to the site!

• willyloman
    willyloman

GGG: Hang in there, you never know what's going to happen down stream. Two years ago or so I was an elder conducting the WT Study on Sunday, but was having the same doubts you had. Shortly thereafter, I developed an exit strategy. My entire family and a few close friends are now out and free.

My advice to you in your unique circumstance:

1. Keep "studying" the truth about "the truth" so you can be prepared when hubbie starts asking questions (and he will).

2. Remember the whole purpose of fading is to buy time to make new friends and develop new interests, so when the time comes you won't care what "action" they take against you.

I don't know if it's possible, but doing some volunteer work for a local hospital or some other charity might be a good place to start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit