hello all - new here

by GoingGoingGone 40 Replies latest jw friends

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Hello everyone, this is my first post.... I'm in the process of fading after being a JW my entire life (almost). I don't go to meetings anymore..... Hubby's an elder, and boy, is he mad. He still makes the kids go with him to meetings, service, etc... They hate it and I feel sorry for them, but there's not much I can do about it.

I've been feeling lonely today, I do miss my friends sometimes, and I have really good friends, but since I don't go to meetings I never see them much anymore. Being raised a JW, I have no friends who are not... (because I was a really good, obedient JW...)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi for now...!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Welcome GGG... Wow I sure would love to hear your story. Bet you read Crisis book!! Welcome, please stick around, I have been helped so much. HL

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to JWD forum, GGG. What a hard row ta hoe, cher! That's gonna be rough surrounded by jdubs in your home. I don't envy you. Stick around here. There's others who've taken the same path and can offer helpful tips, so don't be shy about asking if you need any advice. We've got oldies and newbies here, and they're all caring, kind, thoughtful and fun-loving people. We also have a lot of "brainiacs" who KNOW their jdub teachings and all the deceptions they practice, so if you need an info boost, they have it, too. Once in a while, we get a jdub "troll" but no worries. They just do "hit 'n run" postings. I ignore 'em. (edited to add) Btw, GGG, you can always be "free" with your kids when hubby's not around. Maybe get them interested in "Bullshit Bingo" to add interest to their forced meeting attendance. j/k

Have fun!

Frannie

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome GGG~

Would love to hear more about why you decided to fade.

~Merry (also formerly a good obedient JW girl with no outside friends)

• anewme
    anewme

Hi GGG! Welcome to Friday night at the JWD Forum! Sorry you were feeling down today. Maybe you will lose JW friends, but you will gain JWD friends here. Hey my ex was an elder too. Maybe we can talk about that sometime. Anewme

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    Hi again! Yes, I've read Crisis of Conscience.. it was great. I've also combed the Internett and devoured all kinds of info. Of course, the first time I accessed 'apostate' sites, I was pretty much expecting to be struck by lightning.... lol.... When my hubby's gone, I talk to the kids. I am pretty sure they will never be JWs. However, at this point they are completely fed up with all religion, and don't think there is any truth to be found at all, and that makes me kind of sad.
  • Bryan
    Bryan

GGG,

Nice to have you here! I along with many here, I'm sure, know what you are talking about as far as no friends. I was born into the cult and left near 30 years old. As I'm sure you can imagine, I have no longtime friends. It's been tough in the past, but I left the WTBTS 10 years ago, and have a great life now (accept for off and on depression, I was kidnapped by my elder father at age 2 and didn't find my mother until I was 33).

I understand you wanting to keep peace in the family, but why do you say you can't do anything about your husband making the kids go to the meatings? Their your kids too you know.

Take care!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    When my hubby's gone, I talk to the kids. I am pretty sure they will never be JWs. However, at this point they are completely fed up with all religion, and don't think there is any truth to be found at all, and that makes me kind of sad.

Oh, yes, GGG. Don't despair over being disillusioned by the WT-BATS teachings. It just means that NOW yall can concentrate on the freedom to make good and enjoyable lives for yourselves, like yall were meant to do, instead of slaving away for a publishing company for no purpose other than to make the WTS heirarchy's lives better. It's all about self-empowerment and learning to enjoy the world we live in, instead of being constantly judgmental of it and all the people in it. That's someone else's job. You're right not to put your trust in earthling men.

Frannie

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi 3G's Stick around for some good times, some sad times, some funny times, serious times, it's all here. Yours for the taking. We've got a wonderful bunch of folks who can relate and indentify with what you're experiencing. Welcome.

Art

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

Welcome to the board!

toronto_guy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit