Welcome inarock&ahardplace, be nice to her guys . . .

by pennycandy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Welcome!

You'll find all sorts of different people with all sorts of different thoughts and ideas. This can be a bit scary for someone raised as a JW and only allowed to think one way... but don't worry... you will grow to like being able to think on your own.

-Else

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Welcome, I hope you enjoy talking to people on the board. You will find alot of nice people here going through the same things you are!

• prophecor
  • defd
    defd

Welcome!

You'll find all sorts of different people with all sorts of different thoughts and ideas. ; This can be a bit scary for someone raised as a JW and only allowed to think one way... but don't worry... you will grow to like being able to think on your own.

-Else Proverbs 14:12 " there exists a way that is upright before a man, but the ways of death are the end of it afterwards."

• inarock&ahardplace
    inarock&ahardplace

Again, thanks to all for the warm welcome.

For Defd, by the way does that stand for what I think it does? None of my business, just curious. My concern is not wether Jehovah is a loving and real God, I know he is and I completely feel it in my heart and I love and appreciate everything he has given us. My "issues" I suppose if you want to call them that, are with the society, and the way things are handled and interpreted. You say to JUMP on to Jehovah's side. I would love nothing more, but at this point and from what I know now, which side is his? How do I get there. Is the only way to be on his side is to go to a JW KH and get 9.9 hours at the least, in a month, and try for 1.2 studies a month? This is where I am stumped and I waiver. I would love nothing more than to go back to the calm naive life I once had but time and trials has taken that away from me and now I look back and I think how could I have been so, not controlled, but just accepting of everything and even when I had internal questions or disagreements with certain things, I suppressed them. That's what we were taught, have faith in Jehovah, and I do.

I'm not meaning to come off combative at all, I'm just merely discussing and I may be a little 'overzealous' at times. I want to get past the being on the fence feeling so I can lead a truely happy life and not have any nagging doubts or feelings of dire guilt. I just want that so much.

By the way thank you for the scriptural encouragement it was appreciated.

• defd
    defd

First off, I would like to say how happy I am that you and hubby got back together. I personally know the anguish and depression that you go through in a marraige that is troubled. Congradulations!

I am all to FAMILIAR with what you are saying. Do you think Jehovah knows your circumstances? Does he know the effort you make to go out in the ministry?. Yes he does. As a matter of fact last weeks bible reading said so. Jehovah said that Jereboams son would get a buriel because something GOOD was found in him towards Jehovah. Lesson for us? Yes, Jehovahs SEES the good in us and the efforts we put forth no matter how insignificant it may seem to ourselves or OTHERS. We need to develope that kind of attitude. Give what you can to Jehovah and Jesus when it comes to the ministry and He will bless you for it. I know easier said than done, right? The friends will make you feel like you are not doing enough by the way THEY interpret Gods word. But remember they are not the ones who gives you life everlasting, they are not the ones who you do it for, and they are not the ones who TRUELY know your circumstances and efforts you put forth.Jehovahs is!

Can you Imagine if a parent had a bad day at work, work mates giving her trouble, people saying shes not a good enough worker, I mean really making her feel like she dont belong there! Then at the end of the day she comes home and says "Kid's I am not your Mother no more, im putting you up for adoption!" The kids ask why. The Mom says " Because I had a bad day at work, the people there make me feel like I dont do enough." That would be crazy wouldnt it?

Just do what you can in the Ministry Jesus gave to us and be assured that Jehovah will not forget the work and the loved that you have shown for his name. Dont worry about how anyone else feels and there opinions.

P.S No my screen name does not mean what you think

• upside/down
    upside/down

Welcome

u/d (of the Society kicked me and my family to the curb like a cheap whore after 20 years of whole souled service class)

p.s.- Sorry...I get a little bitter sometimes.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A warm welcome - there are some great people on this board. I still go to meetings and am also still a little apprehensive. All in your own time

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A warm welcome - there are some great people on this board. I still go to meetings and am also still a little apprehensive. All in your own time

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Welcome. I personally appreciate your feelings of guilt. I beat myself so much with it that I just figured why even try I will never live up to their standards. I started doing reasearch as I recommend to anyone. I read the book Crises of Conscience among others and now I am guilt free and happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit