Welcome inarock&ahardplace, be nice to her guys . . .

by pennycandy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

A warm welcome - there are some great people on this board. I still go to meetings and am also still a little apprehensive. All in your own time

A LITTLE apprehensive? Id say you have done a 360. But then again I didnt know you yrs back and what kind of witness you were back then.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey come on DEFD - we are welcoming somebody to the board - please have some respect and stop attacking

• defd
    defd

Hey come on DEFD - we are welcoming somebody to the board - please have some respect and stop attacking You are right I am sorry. Im just heated up right now, maybe ill sign off till tomarrow.

• shera
    shera

Why are you getting heated up? These are personal choices people are making,and they are making steps to getting out of something they chose is no good.

I don't understand why you are here,if this place makes you so angry.We want to make people feel welcome here,no matter if they still attend and wanting too learn both sides of the story.

The WTBS is not the truth and we want want everyone one to learn this.

Well there is my 2 cents..lol

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome, inarock&ahardplace. It was the WTS lies that drove us away. Once we saw that it wasn't "the Truth", we could no longer support it.

Cellist

• delilah
    delilah

Hello R&H....and welcome....take your time, read the posts from others here, who've walked the same path....and THEN make whatever decisions you need to make....it's for the benefit of your family, the most precious people in your life.....I'm no stranger to DFing either, I know the anguish, ....pressures from family members who want us to go back.....YOU make the decisions necessary .....don't let anyone sway you.....hope to read more of your posts .

Delilah (I've faded after many years, and have decided for my better health, NOT to go back to the KH)

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

A Warm welcome,

Perhaps the fence is the safest place for you to be just now, until you find out which side Jehovah is on. The Bible says we must keep testing our faith. The truth has nothing to fear from fair-minded examination, the truth will win through. Only falsehood fears such thorough examination, only falsehood needs to fear openness and cower behind censorship.

Please do not rush into any decision, the fence is safer than the wrong side. Only you can decide which side you belong, but my advice is take a few months to make an informed decision. A good place to start is the history of the organisation, to understand who, where and why each teaching came from. We can recommend some good reading.

Agape means unconditional love, not conditional on colour, creed, religion or organisation. Jesus says we must love our enemies. Speak soon.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

DeFt

Just want to say I think you're a good guy.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome R&H ~

I would recommend that you not jump before you are ready and not let anyone push you. As you have indicated, you need to see what is there on both sides first.

My own experience has been one of trial and error, experimentation, exploration and discovery. I was raised a 4th generation JW and it was my strong personal relationship with God that led me away from the Watch Tower Society, away from Christianity, through various other religions, beyond formal religions and labels, and, now into a relationship with Christ that transcends Christianity (as I know/knew it)--embracing, healing, making whole.

I wish you all the best on your own journey of discovery!

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit