Welcome inarock&ahardplace, be nice to her guys . . .

by pennycandy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I've been friends with inarock&ahardplace (heretofore referred to as r&h because I'm breastfeeding and have to type with one hand) since we were small enough to bite your knees. She's the kindest, most caring person you'll ever meet and a little twisted at times so I think she'll fit in here nicely.

She's been going through a hard time ever since she asked me, "So how are you doing in the truth?" and I actually told her. It was all downhill from there . . .

r&h, I think this place can help you see that most of these normal and abnormal people have been right where you are now and went on to lead happy, satisfying lives without the guilt of their former lives.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

pennycandy - that such a sweet image - breastfeeding and typing at the same time!

R&H - you are very welcome - please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself ... we already know you are kind, caring and twisted!

• daystar
    daystar

Welcome to the group R&H! I see we're collecting a number more Texans here!

Penny's right. There was a time that I would never have imagined not being a Witness. How things have changed! And for the better.

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Welcome to the board)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome, R&H l!!!

You are about to have an eye-opening experience here.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Welcome! I love newcomers, don't let anyone scare you off. We are all really nice deep down inside.

Damselfly

• inarock&ahardplace
    inarock&ahardplace

Thank you "pennycandy" for the more than kind welcome. And thank you so much to everyone else. I can't wait to "dig in" and talk. I have questions and so many concerns and I'm so on the fence ALL the time, but so affraid to move in one direction or the other (have you ever seen a deer in the head lights??...yep that's me!), not only because..let's face it, it's a scary thing, but I have my family to think about, my kids most of all...which were raised in the truth.

I welcome any experiences and thank you for advice in advance.

and thanks to PC for all the research and support she sends my way!

I can already feel the love!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome to this place ina we look forward to hearing more from you.

Matt

• inarock&ahardplace
    inarock&ahardplace

I forgot to introduce myself.......sorry, I'm blonde at heart!

I am 30..something (a young 30 something) I have three of the most wonderful kids I could ask for, a set of 14 year old twin girls and the new light of my eyes my son is 18 months old.

I was raised in the truth..well from the time I was 3, my husband was also raised in the truth...our families have gone through some transition over the years. Such as my family is no longer really active and on his side I think only his mom..a regular pioneer and a great mom in law, and his sister..also a pioneer. I still have alot of close friends that are active, howver we are not, but are constantly talking about 'getting back to meetings', esp. for the kids sake, the girls do miss it, and so do we...aspects of it. But with what I've felt in my heart and what I've learned I just couldn't do it "whole souled", but if my family wanted to, I would of course support them..we are all just lazy I guess because no one is really taking huge steps to get back, a couple of meetings here or there.

I have been disfellowshiped once, my husband and I....now what you're about to hear will shock and maybe even puzzle you...but we've been divorced and married..THREE times........to each other. I know I know. But I'm glad we are where we are. Divorce just feels so unnatural, when you have children involved. So we now have our family back together and have added one more reason to smile to it!

There's alot more little stuff intermingled in there, but I don't want to overwhelm or scare anyone, so I'll just leave it like it is, plain and simple.

I'm sure we'll talk more later. Thanks for the listening ear. Have a great one!

• defd
    defd

I have questions and so many concerns and I'm so on the fence ALL the time, but so affraid to move in one direction or the other (have you ever seen a deer in the head lights??...yep that's me!), not only because..let's face it, it's a scary thing, but I have my family to think about, my kids most of all...which were raised in the truth.

;

I welcome any experiences and thank you for advice in advance.

Im sorry to hear you going through this. Many of Jehovahs people are. You wanted some advice, here is mine. You say you have so many ? and concerns, brings up alot of anxiety huh? 1Peter 5:7 reads: "Throw ALL your anxiety upon Jehovah himself, because he CARES for you." Again at Psalms 55:22 it reads "Throw all your BURDENS upon Jehovah himself and he will SUSTAIN you." Despite what the friends may say and do, Jehovah cares for you and is concerned about you.

You say you are on the fence? My advice would be JUMP over to Jehovahs side. Remember the account about Elijah on Mount Carmel. He lived in very turbulent times. The Isrealites resorted to worshipping false gods, perticularly the Baals. They were Worshipping Jehovah and the Baals at the same time. Elijahs advice to them is still good today. 1Kings 18:21 " Then Elijah the prophet approached all the people and said: "How long will you people be limping on two different opinions? If Jehovah is the true God go following him". Now I am not saying you worship Baal, what I am suggesting, is that you take Elijahs advice. Jump the fence to Jehovahs side. He will help you. He has done it so many times in the past and will do it for you as well.

With Agape love

Brother D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit