JW just emailed me a new experience

by acuragirl 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

A pioneer sister just emailed me a new experience this morning. I just wanted to post is to see if anyone recognized it as a generic jw experience or if it was genuine. Here it is:

Hello everyone!

How are things...I hope all is well with each one of you. I wanted to share an awesome experience that some friends and I had in service yesterday (despite the heat) it was a wonderful day!

In the morning we were doing territory (5 of us) and the brother working alone found a woman at home who said that she already has some of JW's call on her, but the person she is on the phone with would like the magazines and asked her to take them for her. So the brother said, "Sure!" ..then the woman said "Wait a minute, she would like you to bring them to her house is that possible?" so she gave us her address and the brother asked for a convienent time to visit with the woman and she said ...."right now, she will be waiting". So as soon as we finished the street we went to find this woman at the address given and 2 friends went in and ended up being in the house for 30 minutes. They came out and said....she wants us to come back at 3 o'clock to study with her. THroughout the remainder of the morning we all discussed the lady's questions and her biggest concern was that of "Why does God permit suffering?" She blames God for all of the injustice in the world. So after everyone's thoughts and comments...it was decided that the best publication to be studied with the woman would be the new release from Saturday of the convention! ( i wont say the title incase you havent been yet). At 3 o'clock the sister and I went back to study with the woman....she had many many questions...and we had to explain we can only tackle one at a time for a clear understanding (haha) She started to cry when reading the scripture that says "...he cares for you." She had a very hard time believing that Jehovah God could care for her....she has been through many difficulties and felt it was because she was a bad person...Trying to reassure her..we used her bible to show her that Satan is the cause of these problems and the ruler of this world .... She couldnt believe it.....her question now is Where did satan come from.....we are going back on friday to discuss this with her....

Isn't that amazing.....the sister and I and many others were very excited/encouraged....so we wanted to share it with many others ... to keep in mind that there still are those that are searching for the truth!!!!

Hope you enjoy as we did....:-)

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Well,if that isn't an example of exploiting an emotionally unstable person,I don't know what is!!!!!!!!!!These are the prime target for witnesses.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I believe it to be genuine.

DY

• gringojj
    gringojj

I have noticed an inconsistency. In the first part the brother is alone at the 1st womans home. The writer quotes everything the woman said, even though she wasnt there. Then when she gives the address of the other woman to the brother, the writer says she gave "us" the address. Well who is "us" if the brother was alone? Also, the 2 sisters were in the 2nd womans home for 30 mins. Then they come out and say she wants them to come back at 3. Then when they go back its the writer with another sister. I know this stuff can all be explained, I just think when you write something that really happened there are no inconsistencies.

• luna2
    luna2

It appears to be genuine...can't imagine why someone would want to pretend that some generic experience was something they personally experienced, although I suppose anything's possible.

Looking at this now, I can see how JW's exploit emotionally vulnerable people. At the time I was a dub, I took it as angelic direction when one of "us" met a distraught person who was looking for answers in the door to door work. Blah!

• blondie
    blondie

I vote for genuine; since JWs go door to door with the message that the world is getting worse and they have the only answer, people on a downturn listen.

The real test is will these JWs make "effective" return visits. So often JWs come back with the goal of getting the person into a rigid question and answer session using a WT publication. I bet fewer than 2 scriptures are ever read. I remember even the WT saying that how will people hear the voice of the shepherd, Jesus, if JWs never use the Bible.

Blondie

• amac
    amac

Seems genuine to me....especially since she is relating it first hand. And I don't see how this is exploiting anyone either. The lady ASKED them to come to her house and bring her magazines and study with her. If she only knew what she was really asking for...

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

This woman obviously has emotional problems,and these problems have led her to this cult,that is all.Any stable,intelligent,loved human wouldn't go down this road.Just the facts.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    those that are searching for the truth!!!!

Her request had nothing to do with searching for truth...IMO.

She was a person obviously suffering and seeking relief... there's a big difference although it can be subtle.

I had hundred of experiences similar to this myself...

People believe what they WANT to believe...not what is necessarily the "truth"...

u/d (Seeking relief...doesn't equal seeking truth...class)

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

For some reason...that experience makes me depressed.

It's kind of sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit