BEING SICK IS FOR THE RICH

by Dansk 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm so sorry Dansk that you have run into these obsticles. I am not surprised however. It is so unfair that health care is so expensive people can not get threatments they need..

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Ok before the lynchings begin let me please point out that Dansk is talking about ALTERNATIVE options. NOT MEDICAL care. He poignantly said that the medical professionals have been very good to him but he is lamenting having to pay for herbs, homeopathy, and whatnot.
    I just wanted to clarify who he was lamenting about. So make sure to carry on your rants against the ALTERNATIVE health care industry please :)
    Dansk...I'm sure you are researching and evaluating these procedures already...but make sure that you are spending your $$$ with the intent of getting a decent shot at sucess. My thoughts are with you.

• Mary
    Mary

Ian----I've sent you a private message.

Mary

• prophecor
    prophecor

Paying attention Dansk. Read this earlier put wanted to let you know, I'm listening.

• kazar
    kazar

The best to you, Dansk. My thoughts are with you regardless of your choices.

• evita
    evita

When our mom was ill my sister and I researched numerous alternative treatments for her. Most were extremely cost prohibitive; just way out of our reach. In addition, they required travel and diligent adherence to programs which she could not manage by herself. We searched desperately for someone who could coordinate her care. It was very scary and discouraging.
    Having experienced this with my mom, I just wanted to encourage you to do what you can. My mom was also helped by fresh organic juices and such. She seemed to have more energy on the days we juiced for her vs. the days her friends brought fried chicken and ice cream. Just an observation.
    My heart goes out to you and your wife. I wish you the best.
    Love, Eva

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sadly, being sick knows no dollar signs, but getting good treatment does. Dansk, I empathize. I hope there is a miracle in store for you.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Dear Ian,

I did not know about your condition & am thankful that you shared your story. Your fighting spirit & determination is something to be admired. Many people lie back and let the disease take over and control them.

It is shocking that healthcare is so expensive. It's like healthy food - always more expensive than your junk food.

Keep us updated.

Lou

• Frog
    Frog

yes Danks your comments are oh so true. Our Medicare system is more or less modelled off the NHS system in the UK...but we don't get dental:( Having said that though I worked for the Health Insurance Commission which operates the public pharamaceutical benefits scheme and know just how much the major drugs are subsidised, some of them are as much as a couple of hundred bucks of more. Something that has a buy price of $200 for instance might only cost me $3.40 on concession. You guys do get slogged harder for tax than we do, so you might expect the services to be better, of which with the NHS system I know full well they're not. Unfortunately, the public system doesn't have the $$ to recognise the value of alternative treatments such as the ones you are on. You're right though the system is far from egalitarian.

Wish you all the best with your recovery. I know what struggle it must be, but it sounds you are doing the best you can for yourself. Frog x

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Sorry to hear about these problems Ian..... like others on here i wish there was summat i could do. I just wish that if there are proven remedies to any illness they should be available on the NHS.

Just a thought- is it possible that they might offer some kind of treatment like this abroad? Cheaper? I understand in france their health service is fantastic and a lot of brits will head there if they need an alternative. Have you investigated that?

Best of luck with whatever treatment you have, I hope you get well soon.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit