What's Your Status? Christian, Pagan, "I Don't Know", "I Don't Care"??

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

hmm, labels!

Well the labels that people would give me are: JW, atheist, christian and bouddist depending on who you ask.

But then I do not like labels to much, because I am unique

Danny

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Max sez "mner-rou" It's me.

Me, I catagorize myself as a mystic agnostic. There is a lot of new-age/buddhist/ whatever that I do believe, mostly because I've had experiences that have shown me, and later have found a box to put them in.

I believe if god does exist, that it is not a diety to be worshipped, no desires (if it can do to) to be worshipped. Being an agnostic leaves all the possibilities open to proof. None of which I have.

I will pray to Gaia, Pele, Tane, Jesus, or other "gods" who have certain responsibilities, mostly direct requests for their guidance, assistance, and thanks.

Whatever.

Brenda

• daystar
    daystar

I don't know. Some pagans have suspected that I'm a Christian in wolf's clothing. And yet I've been known to make Christians quite uncomfortable. I tend to get along with atheists and we agree on many core things, but some suspect me to be a theist at heart. And yet I do not believe in God, per se.

There are some philosophical similarities with Thelemites, who have various forms of religious-looking practices, and yet believe that "there is no god but man".

The bottom line is that I am many things to many people, angelic to some, diabolical to others.

I don't know. Someone tell me, what am I? I promise not to take much offense.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm no longer religious, I don not follow any faith, as no one but me knows what I need to fulfill my spirituality. I believe in God - I just don't overthink it - I just let it be.

I get ill at the suggestion of a formalised religion or system. Even the new ministries church that I initially went to & lead me to leave the borg...I soon realised they had their own little system going on, church twice on sundays, cell group on tuesdays (reminded me too much of bookstudy) prayer on Wednesday. The fact that they believe a lot of the bible is literal & there is a literal heaven where you live when you die, you must pay tithes in order for you life to come right.....blah blah blah -

I left being told what to do when I left the organisation.

• Frog
    Frog

i'm a frog x

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Skeptic. Man is too dumb to understand a sumpreme being.

• happehanna
    happehanna

I am trying to be a hedonist but being one it isn't as easy as it sounds.

• Frog
    Frog

happehanna...hmmm, that won't last long, too shallow, it's a faze, enjoy it while it lasts:)

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I am just me, trying to live in the moment and enjoy life while doing no harm to others. I do believe in love though. Doesn't the Bible say that 'God IS love? If everyone just put that into practice everyday we'd be alright.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Jesus also said you can TELL a tree by the FRUIT it BARES.

Deft, That was Matthew 7, he interprets the meaning of the fruit of the tree in chapter 12. It was about false prophecy.

See sis volumes of studies in th scriptures, finished mysteries, harp of god, for examples of fruit.

(Matthew 7:15-20) 15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; 18 a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men].

(Matthew 12:33) 33 “Either YOU people make the tree fine and its fruit fine or make the tree rotten and its fruit rotten; for by its fruit the tree is known.. . . ……. 37 for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit