What's Your Status? Christian, Pagan, "I Don't Know", "I Don't Care"??

by minimus 71 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hopeful reformist JW... pffft hahahahahahahah!

As coined by the one and only Farkel, I'm a "Geeist". With a close runner up being "Creedish" (I read the book )

GBL

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Skeptic Christian.

DY

• minimus
    minimus

Oz, don't lie. You have said you're a "Christian", right?

• defd
    defd

Still an active Witness. As for stillajwexelder maybe this is why people on the outside have bad images of Jw. Still go to the meetings and put on a show of Godly devotion but outside being just the opposite.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I just feel free. I believe in God. Just not quite sure after that. Not losing sleep tho.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Still an active Witness. As for stillajwexelder maybe this is why people on the outside have bad images of Jw. Still go to the meetings and put on a show of Godly devotion but outside being just the opposite.

Defd - This seems like an unfair characterization of stilla to me. He never stated or indicated that he was 'just the opposite' in any post I have read. He might be forced to 'fade inside' due to the loss of family? Or, perhaps he like others still accepts a portiion of the Watchtower teaching? Or perhaps something else has created this situation. Why would a fading witness, that attends about 70% or the meetings, perhaps believes and lives by some of the moral thinking of the witness clan, make 'those on the outside have bad images of Jw' ? Who say he 'puts on a show of Godly devotion', as in just pretending to be devoted to God? Only you, and I suspect you know him not! Seems to me the question was " What's Your Status? Christian, Pagan, "I Don't Know", "I Don't Care"??" - seems like he answered it with no need for a 'label' to be attached other than the one he attached to himself... Geez. Jeff

• defd
    defd

Ak Jeff

Maybe you didnt read the posts where he swears and hopes for lesbian show some of the little things that christians donot do.........

• freedom96
    freedom96

Christian, but will not be tied down to any organized religion.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Ak Jeff

Maybe you didnt read the posts where he swears and hopes for lesbian show some of the little things that christians donot do.........

Nope. Didn't see 'em. But then, I believe Jesus words about not judging others. I used to be a witness judge. Now I let Jesus do that part. Not to tell you something you do not know - but the Watchtower considers visiting this site a 'sin worthy of Disfellowshipping' - as 'an active witness' shouldn't you be getting ready for a meeting or something, instead of sinning here with you eyes by looking at all these demon infested posts by 'apostates'? Just a thought. No offense intended. Jeff

• defd
    defd

Nope. Didn't see 'em. But then, I believe Jesus words about not judging others. I used to be a witness judge. Now I let Jesus do that part.

Jesus also said you can TELL a tree by the FRUIT it BARES. Seeing someone doing wrong and calling them on it when they claim they are not, is not Judgeing. It is calling it like it is. Even Jesus did that. And he told us to do that. He said do not throw your pearls before swine..... How else would we know a swine without making some SORT of Judgement? Not to tell you something you do not know - but the Watchtower considers visiting this site a 'sin worthy of Disfellowshipping' - as ;'an active witness' shouldn't you be getting ready for a meeting or something, instead of sinning here with you eyes by looking at all these demon infested posts by 'apostates'? Just a thought. No offense intended. Thats new to me. They warn us about Apostates and from what i see here there are some inactive ones, some DAs one , some athiest, some agnostics and so on. What category do you fall into?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit