Allow myself to introduce....myself

by pele38 59 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Rubyvixen

I missed your arrival too, WELCOME - its good to have you post. You must know this site so much better than me having lurked for so long. I'm a newcomer despite my many posts. Look forward to hearing from you.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Nice to meet you Pele

Many times I will see vistors come into the hall, nad leave without one person coming over to make them feel welcome.

sounds like a lucky break for them

I think they may be suspicious of the motives of anyone who just wanders in the hall without being brought there by someone. They can be a paranoid lot.

When I first left the WT I went to quite a few different churches just to see what they were like. I did find it interesting that I wasn't viewed with suspicion even when I told the I used to be a JW. The whole vibe felt different. I didn't feel like I was being watched.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Nice to see you here also Rubyvixen

• karen96
    karen96

Hi all! This is my first post too.

Pele - at my former cong, the elders and ms's would be biting at the chomp to talk to anyone who wasn't baptised! gotta count that time (my ex was an elder and pioneer - he had creative ways to count time). Anyway, it could be embarrassing bringing someone to the hall and having people come at him from all sides, and they could tell it wasn't genuine interest. But once you were baptised you surely didn't get that kind of attention again.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Pele

Are you the guy that lost us the World Cup??

Well, welcome anyway, If you are, you've put a whole lot of weight on since then.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

hello karen whats your story?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Welcome to the site RubyVixen!

• Faith
    Faith

Welcome newbies!

I so agree with you about the kids being bored. For me at nine it was torture to sit through the same stuff. I would look at the clock and swear the arms had not moved. Thankfuly my third child was born ADHD and trying to take him to the Hall and sit ...well it wasn't going to happen. I tried. This one "sister" gave him a candy to try to appease the little dynamo, by the time it was over he had gotten so stressed he barfed all over and nerves were rattled. I was chastized. So what was the point of going when all I did was chase a hyperactve toddler around the parking lot? Thankfuly it gave me more time to sort through the Bible and question more. I was not going to beat my children into submission with wooden spoons in the bathroom.

Love..? what love.

• Tez
    Tez

Welcome Pele!!! This site will help you readjust to the 'real world'!! I agree with so much of what you say about the 'lack of love' in congregations. I remember folk may come up and say 'Hi, how are you' but you got the feeling they didn't really want to know and would be off to talk to someone else before you got chance to reply anyhow!

Anyway concentrate on enjoying your children and the freedom of your new life. You will never be without someone to talk to if you use this site! Its a loving, family feeling coming on here!!

• karen96
    karen96

I left the jw's in '96, got df'd in '97. My ex husband was an elder, pioneer and all around selfish person. first few years were ok, then we moved to "where the need is great" in an inner city cong. he promised me if i didn't like it there after a year, we could move back to our old cong. the people were great and nice, but it was culture shock for me, and things started going bad. when i asked to move back, he said no, he wasn't used enough in our old cong. waited almost another year before i left him. that whole experience proved to me what was wrong with the org. he wouldn't allow me to talk about our "problems" with other elders since it would look bad on him, so the problems remained. i got no help or support from anyone. there was one elder in my judicial committee who really understood but by then it was too late, i was so dissillusioned about "caring for the flock". My ex even went so far as to construe scripture (which he did often) so he could sit on the committe and hear the private goings-on! thankfully they said no. it wasn't until about a year later that i started questioning the teachings and doctrines. now i see what a mistake it all had been. I put my family through some rough times since i came from a Catholic upbringing. I don't regret leaving since. finding sites like these has helped immensely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit