Allow myself to introduce....myself

by pele38 59 Replies latest jw friends

• pele38
    pele38

Hello to all, I must say, I never thought that I would see the day when I would find a site about disillusioned (mostly) Jehovah's Witnesses, but low and behold...one truly exists. First Let me start off by saying thank you to the creators of this site, and I'll have you know that I've been lurking for several days now and I am just finding the time to finally log on. I've been a member of the Borg for over 20 years now, been baptised for about 14 of those years and now i find myself in the most unusual of places. Ready to leave the organization physically, I checked out mentally ohh about 10 years ago. It's just taking me a while to officially come to terms with that. This organization has been a big part of my adult life, I've seen many friends come and go (mostly go) and I have observed many changes over the years in the WTBS, and one thing that I have come to realize is that whether or not this is the true religion, I feel that it is populated by some of the most loveless, judgemental, and hypocritical people I've ever been around. It's hard going into the meetings everyday and listening to all the rhetoric that I've heard over the years and not come to the realization that much of this stuff is BS. I've often wondered if there was a place I could go that would somehow feel as I do, well guess what, here it is. I have much to share but I would like to learn from everyone else. I know I didn't pose a question or anything but I would welcome any responses you can give. Again thanks for having me. P

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

WELCOME PELE!!!

We love having new people join the board and start posting!
    I think you will find many people have been in your shoes and can relate to the way you feel about the org.

Feel free to post in any of the threads - we always enjoy input.

Miss Peaches!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Welcome, I think most of us here can relate to the way your feeling.......

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to the JWD forum, Pele! We'll love hearing your story. Feel free to jump in on any of the posted topics.

Frannie

• delilah
    delilah

Hello and a warm WELCOME to you Pele.....you certainly have come to the right place, my friend. There are many among us, who feel like you do. I have seen the same unloving,backstabbing, malicious people, who profess to be God's chosen....and I am so glad to be free of them...Stick around, you will meet many fine people here, and you will feel a part of a wonderful community.....looking forward to getting to know you.

Delilah

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Welcome...welcome...welcome....we just love having new ones here. We welcome one and all...different beliefs and faiths and even the strange and bazaar.

Hope you enjoy your stay. I look forward to your posts...

Lisa

• Sith
    Sith

Welcome Pele. You are exactly where you need to be. This place is nuts, not that there's anything wrong with that. You'll fit right in.

• luna2
    luna2

Glad to meet you, pele38! Yup...they bill themselves as the Tower o' Love, but it's pretty much the exact opposite.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Welcome Pele.

I too was surprised when I found this board, I was under the impression that Apostates™ were all these bitter, foaming-at-the-mouth born again types trying to save JW's from the fires of hell. lol

• Buster
    Buster

Welcome. You'll find a lot of informative reading here. May I suggest, "Swedish Enlarger Pumps, These Things Really Are My Bag" by Austin Danger Powers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit