We Have Lift Off

by Carol 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Oh.....you're talking about the space shuttle!! I thought Gumby was jes' gettin' into the sack with his wife!

• upside/down
    upside/down
    is 11.2 km/sec!

Roughly 25,000 mph...

u/d (of the "to the moon" class)

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Ground control to Major Tom, take your protein pills and put your helmet on.

I just wish we were father along in space exploration, when I was a boy I thought by now we'd have a nice big space stations, base on the moon, etc. I would love to travel in space.

• Carol
    Carol

Big Dog, save your pennies, they add up to dollars and when you reach 10 million of those....you too can travel to the space station!

My daughter finds the ride at EPCOT fills her need for speed!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

It was pretty cool to see the large orange thing (the name escapes my mind) drift off the space shuttle in space. I woke up to the start of the launch on the radio and then I tuned into CNN and watched the whole thing. Pretty cool.

• vitty
    vitty

Nothing would make me do what theve done, im scared of flying. You have to admire their bravery, espacially when things have gone wrong !!!!!!!!!

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

It was pretty exciting wasn`t it Carol, I too am lucky enough to stepout onto my balcony and see the launches perfectly. Have lived in the area most of my life, the Air Force & Space Center was the reason we moved here. I t was good to see the excitement in the air today.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Never seen a shuttle lunch but did see Concorde taking off - awesome

• Sith
    Sith

I watched the launch this morning. I was filled with pride and just a little apprehension. NBC News reported tonight that on-board cameras showed a large piece of debris falling from the side of Discovery in the seconds after liftoff. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

• kls
    kls
    NBC News reported tonight that on-board cameras showed a large piece of debris falling from the side of Discovery in the seconds after liftoff. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Gulp, Sith i didn't hear about that , Do they have any idea what is was ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit