We Have Lift Off

by Carol 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Sith
    Sith

I know what it WASN'T Kathy...it wasn't flung monkey-poo.
    Seriously, whatever it was didn't strike the shuttle itself...just peeled away. Might have been a sheet of ice. They're gonna check it out while in orbit

• kls
    kls
    I know what it WASN'T Kathy...it wasn't flung monkey-poo.

Seriously, whatever it was didn't strike the shuttle itself...just peeled away. Might have been a sheet of ice. They're gonna check it out while in orbit

You are right about that Robbie ,these monkey feet stay planted on earth.

Thanks for the reply Robbie and hope it was just that ice .

• Sith
    Sith

Kathy, your family has a long and distinguished history as space explorers.
    From http://www.spacetoday.org/Astronauts/Animals:
    "The very first primates ever fired to an altitude near space were the monkeys Albert 1 and Albert 2. They died in 1949 in the nose cones of captured German V-2 rockets during U.S. launch tests.
    The V-2 rockets carried Air Force Aero Medical Laboratory monkeys named Albert I, II, III, and IV high in the atmosphere to see how they might withstand space conditions. All of the monkeys survived the upward trip, but were killed when parachutes failed to open and the nose cones impacted the ground."
    Ouch

• kls
    kls
    All of the monkeys survived the upward trip, but were killed when parachutes failed to open and the nose cones impacted the ground."

That is just wrong i tell ya

That was so nice of you ROBBIE to let me know this.................Why i am not sure but you are ROBBIE so i guess that is why.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I used to want to be an astronaut... until I found out Jehovah said I couldn't...

alt

• Legolas
    Legolas

Richie you just keep me LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep it up!!!

• kls
    kls

Richie , you are one good looking Astronaut Count down starting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Can you believe it's been almost 20 years since the Shuttle Challenger exploded? Remember Christa McAuliffe's back up, Barbara Morgan? She's scheduled to go up in space, finally after waiting 20 years, next year.

• Sith
    Sith

Jehovah made the right call, Richie. The taxpayers couldn't afford the extra fuel to get you into orbit.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Glad to see you are in rare form Sith....LOL
    Your absence was noted....hopefully your personal crisis got resolved ok?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit