• JH
    JH

What ya talking about willis

• minimus
    minimus

Not u, JH

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why aren't there any pictures of Jesus in the Kingdom Hall?

I almost asked them once but lost my courage because the talk was about the Faithful Discrete Slave.

• blondie
    blondie
    Why aren't there any pictures of Jesus in the Kingdom Hall?

Good question, I have seen them in assembly halls (one in Portland and the Jersey City AHl--the Stanley; I have seen them all over in the Bethel buildings). They have pictures of Jesus in the publications.

But somehow it is an unwritten rule not to have them at the KH or in your home.

I wonder why?

(side question? does anyone have pictures of Jesus in their KH, their home, or seen it in other JW homes?)

Blondie

• undercover
    undercover
    does anyone have pictures of Jesus in their KH, their home, or seen it in other JW homes?)

trick question...at least from the old days.

the calenders had artists conceptions of Jesus and we all hung those up...so, the answer is, yes.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

This reminds of last Christmas at my boyfriends parents house. His mom gave me the book "Girl with a Pearl Earring". He asked me the title and I held it up for him to read. He yells across the room " Oh! girl with a pearl necklace! I remember you said you wanted that!" His brothers and I had tears rolling down our cheeks we were laughing so hard. Then his mom wanted to know what was so funny........ no one told her.

Damselfly I don't get it (scratches my head)

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Damselfly--I'm sorry I did get your story and was tickled by it, I just didn't see a connection to the elders.

Can I say Never Mind?

• blondie
    blondie
    trick question...at least from the old days.

the calenders had artists conceptions of Jesus and we all hung those up...so, the answer is, yes.

Oh, yes, WTS approved pictures and of course they racked in the proceeds.

• thom
    thom

An elder in my hall (dictator of our kh) spent alot of time in Florida and a few years ago he and his family kept talking and talking about how he was going to give the memorial talk at a cong there because they "needed" him to.
    So I asked "Don't they have elders in Florida?" He just glared at me and walked away.

• minimus
    minimus

"Can I partake of the bread and wine this upcoming Memorial?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit