Do these guys even pay attention to what they teach?

by sir82 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

One more blurb from the current Gilead class, as presented by one of the astute instructors (and forwarded in an e-mail):

Satan really tricked Eve. Not only did she break Jehovah's law about the
    fruit she also broke the headship principal. She really thought she
    could be like God and not have a head. So she ignored her headship to
    her husband and ran ahead of him. So although she was perfect at the
    time physically she was not showing moral perfection and this lead to her
    downfall.

Ok, so let's see how many inconsistencies we can come up with just in these 5 brief sentences...

1) Where, in the first 3 chapters of Genesis, is the "headship principle" stated? If it was not stated, was it fair to be tested on it?

2) She was "perfect physically", but not "showing moral perfection". Er, I thought all of Jehovah's creation was "good". Did he create Eve as an "imperfect moral agent"? If he created her as imperfect, how was it "good"?

3) I thought the issue was "knowledge of good and bad", rather than "not having a head"?

Assuming that we accept the Society's convoluted teachings on Genesis to begin with, just those few statements are so completely at odds with everything else the Society teaches, it is astounding to think of. How brain-dead can you get? Did it not occur to anyone there in the class to raise these obvious contradictions?

And, sadly, these are the Gilead students, the "best" the Society can come up with.

When I read on other posts about things like "brain-dead dubs", and "if the Society says black is white, I believe it", I used to think that was a bit unfair. Now I'm not so sure....If it weren't so sad, it would be funny.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    "if the Society says black is white, I believe it",

You mean it's not?

Dang...

u/d (of the I knew somthing wan't right class)

• undercover
    undercover

4) Where in the account is Satan mentioned? In fact, where in the entire book of Genesis is Satan even mentioned? Or Exodus? The account mentions a serpent but never Satan.

• zulukai
    zulukai

Every chance these people get they hammer home the "subjection of women" theme from every possible angle!
    Somewhere else in the Bible it says that "the woman was deceived, but the man was not"..thereby stating a very obvious fact (if you are a believer) that it was ADAM who chose to sidestep subjection to God which IMO carries more serious implications. But in true patriarchal hegemony the WTBTS downplays this in favour of prehistoric mysogeny.
    This organization teaches a lot of BS and legitimizes it by throwing in just enough scripture to make it seem scripturally authentic knowing most of their captive audiences will never check it out. That's how they get away with planting their disturbingly bogus subliminal messagages.

• trevor
    trevor

she was perfect at the time physically

A physically perfect woman who enjoys being a bit naughty. God did create the perfect woman then he blew it.

All she did was bite an apple.Someone else on JWD enjoys biting an apple!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

So, for an offense roughly on par with a parking ticket, billions of persons have been sentenced to death.

A talking snake convinces a naked chick to eat a piece of fruit, and the only cure is torture and kill a good man. Makes sense to me.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    A talking snake convinces a naked chick to eat a piece of fruit, and the only cure is torture and kill a good man. Makes sense to me.

RunningMan, it's so good to see that you're finally coming around to Christianity!

SNG

• kazar
    kazar

So, is it Eve "lost her head" and gave in to temptation, or Eve gave into temptation and "lost her head?"

• greendawn
    greendawn

This is one more example of the goofiness of the FDS what can one expect from people that never had a proper education in religion and philosophy and whose overall educational background is of a low level?

They say the annointing of the spirit gives much more wisdom than worldly education but it doesn't show in their writings.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Happy Birthday by the way greendawn...

I kinda have to disagree with you on one point though. An education in religion and philosophy? How does a study of such things properly help me to get to know God? I think it would pull me farther from him. Although I cannot say that the society has brought me any closer to him. Philosophy is so often analysis paralysis. So much thinking, so many lofty ideas and so little action, such meagerly follow through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit