Do these guys even pay attention to what they teach?

by sir82 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Of course we all know it wasn't the apple that tempted Eve, it was the pear underneath.

• Mary
    Mary

Ahem.....I just HAD to re-write this:

Satan really tricked Eve. He knew she was supposed to be on a low carb diet so he tempted her with some fruit which is high in carbs. Not only did she break The Atkins Law about the fruit she also broke the headship principal. Adam repeatedly asked her to give him head and she refused. She really thought she could be like God and not give head. So she ignored her wifely responsibility of giving head to her husband and ran away of him and lived with the animals. While swimming one day, Adam came upon her and saw what she was doing and dubbed her "Beauty and the Blowfish". So although she was a red hot piece of ass at the time physically, she was not showing her assets off to her full advantage and this lead to her downfall.
  • Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Every chance these people get they hammer home the "subjection of women" theme from every possible angle!

Somewhere else in the Bible it says that "the woman was deceived, but the man was not"..thereby stating a very obvious fact (if you are a believer) that it was ADAM who chose to sidestep subjection to God which IMO carries more serious implications. But in true patriarchal hegemony the WTBTS downplays this in favour of prehistoric mysogeny.

Oddly the society always seems to make the women appear as being temptresess only out to stumble or deviate man from worshiping god. Oh and we are also not as intelligent as males.

She was "perfect physically", but not "showing moral perfection".

Definition of Perfection: the state of being without a flaw or defect.

That is a major contradiction, you can't be partly perfect. Obviously neither Adam or Eve were perfect.

DL76

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Assuming that we accept the Society's convoluted teachings on Genesis to begin with, just those few statements are so completely at odds with everything else the Society teaches, it is astounding to think of. How brain-dead can you get? Did it not occur to anyone there in the class to raise these obvious contradictions?

*raising hand*

And, sadly, these are the Gilead students, the "best" the Society can come up with.

*yup. They like em dumb actually. Noumair gave an experience of a "haughty" brother who thought more of his own intelligence and they had to kick him and his wife out. I hope he makes it here one day....*

When I read on other posts about things like "brain-dead dubs", and "if the Society says black is white, I believe it", I used to think that was a bit unfair. Now I'm not so sure....If it weren't so sad, it would be funny.

As I stated, when I had my epiphany during this very class sir82, during 2 Kings 1 and applying it to Rutheford and Knorr (STILL pisses me off to think about it) I DID look back and EVERYONE was nodding their heads as if they just heard that the color of their chairs were gray. They just accepted it like 2+2 = 4.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit