Who all here was personally helped by JWD

by Ticker 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yup me too....despite some of the "personalities" here...

JWD has shortened my learning curve by magnitude...I'm grateful, as life is short and valuable.

u/d (of the KNOWS the truth about "the truth" and is happy finally class)

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I don't know what I would have done without this site, and all you fine folks here.

I am a UBM (unbeleiving mate). The WT has been destroying people like me for over 100 years. The story is always the same. No person can stand alone against an organization. They are there when you can't be. They have had thousands working out their arguments and doctrine for decades. No one man can stand against such an onslaught. Ithink relayed what his father told him, which put it most poignantly to me, "Before they got to me, they saw a thousand guys like me. They had me sliced and diced before I even knew what hit me. They knew every move I would make and how to head me off". My life was one of suffocation and desperation.

I stumbled on this site when I was first awakening to the reality of what was happening to my wife and our marriage. That might sound silly to you folks who know the WT life so well, but at first glance they can come off as very credible. I had some red flags go up early on, but so much of it was obscured by the presence of all these nice, confident, and spiritually dedicated people. When I finally started raising some questions to my wife, I was startled by how obtuse she sounded. This is a very smart woman. She has no problem understanding anything I tell her. I simply asked her what she would do if the org asked her to do something that she felt was against God. She looked at me like I had said, "4+4=jello". That is when I became worried.

I logged on here, explained my situation, and you folks explained to me what I was really in for. I have been to many ex-jw web sites in the past, but so much of it seemed over the top and just didn't fit the facts of what I was seeing. Not to say that some of you fine folks here don't come off as bitter at times, but I saw many very reasoned and insightful responses. I began to see a pattern in some of those responses, and those responses matched exactly with the reality I saw everyday. I finally understood the seriousness of my situation; my wife had full blown jw-itis. This is a disease that is often terminal, and is similar to Alzheimer's in that it slowly deteriorates your mind and consumes your personality. It's defining symptom is the person believes completely that this is God's organization. All other evil originates from that ideological fountainhead.

I tried my best to postpone her baptism and sadly failed. I do take comfort in the fact that there was nothing I could have done by that time, and I know I had the best advice going from you folks. She was already gone. So now I am doing everything I can to understand the bonds that keep her captive. I am trying to methodically identify, isolate, and eventually cut every bond that holds her. Without this place I would have no idea how to do that, and I would have nobody to counsel me. When she does finally "take the blue pill" I will again be indebted to all you fine folks here.

You all are helping me save everything I have worked my whole life for. How could a person be more indebted to a group of folks? The truth is I can never repay my debt. I can only do my best always to help others in my situation.

Take care, I love you all, and I pray for all of you who still have families locked in the tower.

Censer Watchtower esse delendam (The Watchtower must be destroyed!!!)

CYP

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

This board has made me realise some people who leave can live a normal life again and that im not alone , and that some are worse off mentally than even me!!

• vitty
    vitty

CYP........ill ((((hug))))) you for your wife and you can (((((hug)))) me for my daughter

And we WILL celebrate when the ARE both out

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Thanks Vitty. Will do.

I always appreciate your thoughts and responses to any of my comments or threads.

The Watchtower must be destroyed!!!

CYP

• vitty
    vitty

CYP

I really enjoy your posts and feel you have a great insight where the WT is concerned, for someone who has been exposed to it for such a short time.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    ...you have a great insight where the WT is concerned, for someone who has been exposed to it for such a short time

Well thanks but...

...who am I going to brag to about that!!!

That is worse then being a 40 year old virgin, live-with-my-mom trekkie!

I know more then I ever wanted to about these clowns. I would really prefer to spend my time learning about something that someone besides the poor wretched UBM might find interesting.

My non-jw extended family doesn't get it at all. When I start to explain something they just glaze over on me! My brother is always like, "and they beleive this stuff?!?!". Isn't it awful we have to spend our time reading about this garbage! At least the dubs get a kick out of thinking it is from God. We have to read it and have our worst fears about human nature confirmed.

The Watchtower must be destroyed!!!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Gosh, CYP beat me to everything I wanted to say! But really, I could never be as eloquent or descriptive in what I write as he is. But one additional thing that I would like to add for my case is that you guys have really helped me through my mental distress. I was so bitter and utterly disgusted about my wife almost dying due to the WTS blood issue. Learning from all your experiences really helped me to put things in perspective and understand the JW mindset. It has helped me to vent as well as to heal. This is all in addition to the insight I have received on the WTS. For all this I am so grateful to so many of you for sharing what you know.

• zulukai
    zulukai

Great insights CYP!! It's been a long time out for me, but I NEVER realized until I started reading the posts on a couple of forums, including this one most of all, that I had carried around this tight, nasty little ball of rage for decades and couldn't articulate it. In a few short months I have come a long, long way. All of a sudden I felt the burden of all these repressed and buried feelings just let go and I am free of the whole thing.
    To read of the outrage of others over the betrayal of friends, the wrong doctrines and the smug arrogance of the jw's in how they shun and destroy families was the biggest validation for me. I knew my story was not unique and I was not the only one with dark suspicions about this sinister religion but I had NO ONE to share my insights with. All I knew is that everytime I was around witnesses I clenched up with rage to the point that even the company of my brother and his family was unbearable. Seeing the proof that it's a cult has softened my intolerence quite a bit.
    I too have seen the obtuse inability of jw,s to process facts and information that disagrees with their cult doctrines. It's as if you are asking them to explain the theory of relativity in Urdu to get them to reason. But it bothers me a whole lot less than before.
    Now I am at peace with the whole thing thanks to all of you here on JWD. I owe the people on this forum a debt of gratitude for all the research information that helped me sort out the tangle of suspicions and other insights I had come to on my own but never had validated. It's been an intense few months!

• Etude
    Etude

CYP, you're on my pedestal (just below JWD) for expressing yourself with such eloquent clarity. I'm new here and I haven't encountered too many of you posts. But, your last one of thanks takes the cake. I join you in thanking Simon, et. al., and JWD as a whole for the purpose it has it fulfilled allowing us to be understood, counseled, instructed and comforted regarding all things related to JW.

Etude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit