Who all here was personally helped by JWD

by Ticker 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

As ex jw's are the only ones who understand at all what the heck is going on, this board has helped tremedously! he got dunked today. feeling despair. and the odd thing is, I feel comfort in knowing that someone out there knows just what this will mean in my life and the life of my children and family. Nobody else reallly knows. To now have a part time husband and father is almost more than I can bare. That's because his family used to mean the world to him. I know what life is supposed to be like and now it's all taken away. It will get worse, I know. And half of this shit sounds so insane, family & friends think I'm making this stuff up!!!!!!! Tell me, who the hell needs to make anything up about this org? it is so insane! just despair, carla

• luna2
    luna2

I've been helped tremendously. I find that answering questions that others pose, and just participating...even in the silly threads...has helped me tremendously. Thanks to you all!

carla, I'm so sorry. Ugh. I can only imagine your feelings tonight. I will hope that now that he's baptised and no longer a prospect, he will be treated to some of the real "love" of this organization. Perhaps he will soon see that the WTS is not what they advertise themselves to be.

• carla
    carla

Thanks Luna, I'm pretty much beside myself tonight. Hope others will excuse any bizzare posts by me tonight! How my life and my kids life will change even more, is beyond comprehension. Part time husband, part time dad. oh, goody. Even less time for us, all in the name of God. or at least that what he says. Well, actually he doesn't say. Hasn't said a word about his 'day'. off to work, that's easy, hey? Maybe I should go to bed while I'm ahead of the game. carla

• prophecor
    prophecor

I've spoken to ones that I'm close to here about the freedom from fear and pain that's able to be received from JWD. The gnawing doubts that I'd had as to my relationship w / God, that being no relationship at all, and my going to Gehenna because I couldn't walk the walk and talk the talk, of being a dutiful Dub.

I'm not sure if Simon and all the other moderators realise how much this place has literally saved countless number of lives from the ensuing destructive force that is the WTBTS. I came to this board with so little hope. A broken spirit. Knowing that God had it in for me and that their was absolutely nothing I could do about it. I'd lived this way for a great deal of life, before, during and after becoming JW. It was either submit to the rules, regulations and belief systems or die, me along with all of my family of which none of them knew anything about the truth, at least not like we do.

After a couple of years of struggling, sighing, not knowing who was telling the truth at some points, once I'd had been given the opportunity to see things from a different perspective, I began to really think for myself, for probably the first time in my adult life. With that comes years of programming that had to be challenged and re-booted out of my life. It's still a difficult road to hoe, at times, but the ability to get some distance and balance from all the inconsistencies we've been fed over the years is not just refreshing, but the virtual breath of life has been returned to me. I don't fear the God that Jehovah's Witnesses believe in any longer, yet, I still have a fear and love for God that is so much more than the mechanical, robotic, legalistic standpoint that most of Jehovah's Witness serve from. All that you can do and do and do and do.........

It's a wonderful thing to no longer feel yourself as a willing hostage to a belief system that borders on Gestapo like control, domination and fear as a means of keeping you subject to thier power. After taking in the information that is available to everyone, and all you need to do is just read it, Crises of Conscience as well as In search of Christian Freedom, I can go on with the business of getting on with my life, in spite of the WTBTS and its desire to keep those asleep at the wheel, from ever truly waking up.

This one's for you Simon.

What you've assisted in creating here, is a wonderful thing, and I'm certain it has God's Blessing.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I spent seven long, lonely years isolated after leaving the borg. I came online in 1998 and discovered a dF'd dub chat room on AOL, hostessed by someone who wasn't and never had been a dub. She was so kind. I stayed there for a long time and had my eyes somewhat opened by association with other xdubs. Of course, there were militant dubs that would come online and attempt to beat us exes with their "too-wedgied words" and I had enough hostility and anger built up in me to go postal on 'em quite often. Then someone told me about H2O. I went there and from there I discovered Randy's freeminds.org website and then this JWD forum in 2003. This is the best. I've learned more here and from Randy's site than anywhere else. And thank goodness I got most all my hostilities vented before I discovered this forum..heh.

I've learned enough here to finally get over all my hostilities and really get religion and scriptures out of the front of my mind where they were stuck for so long, due to the constant "feedings" of the borg. We were "drugged" with daily doses of their teachings just as surely as the Steppford wives were given pills at the sound of a bell to keep them docile.

The UN fiasco was the frosting on the cake. I'd suspected the dirty dealings with the "shleep" re: "things swept under the proverbial WT-BATS carpet." But the UN membership made my "day." I might have been flyin' by the seat of my pants when I forced 'em to dF me but it sure turned out I was right and they were up to no good over and above the reasons that I left which was just their unmitigated gall to profess love for God and their fellow man with their lips while they have hate and murder in their hearts.

Bless this forum, for it's made the difference and allowed for healing.

Frannie

• heathen
    heathen

Yah this is great . I think I have a much better picture of what the org is about considering I had family members brainwashed by it that would continually try to convince me that me life was not worth spit and the only way to happiness was the org way . Well guess what, they aint j-dubs anymore either ........ ( not because of the board but because one realized what a bunch of jerks they are ) .

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i had a visit from a couple of elders a few weeks back who said that my association on here was having a detrimental effect on my spirituality...they were nice enough about it..but none the less..

i said to them..

if you were unwell where would you go...they said to a doctor...i said ..and what if that doctor refused to treat you saying come back when you are better and then i will see what i can do-what would you do then..they said try another doctor..i said yeah and what if every other doctor refused to treat you on the basis of the unreasonable decision not to help that was made by the first doctor..you are still ill ..you still need to get treatment..so where would you go..what would you do..you could either lay down and die..or you could consider a riskier option like a 'back street' doctor which in fact is not a risk at all compared with the alternatives....and hey it works...this 'back street' doctor saves your life

and then the first doctor hears about it and he says you were wrong to go to that back street doctor and you should not continue to associate with him and you should not show any appreciation for the fact that he saved your life and you should never go to seek help from him again and you should tell people that he is a wicked man and that it was in fact my stance of refusing to treat you that made you better.

well thats what you did to me....i went to my elder doctor and he told me to go away and come back when i was better...i begged others to help me but on the basis of the decision the first elders took they werent allowed to..but i was still ill and i found people who were prepared to help and support me and i got better

and now you are telling me that i should not associate with or show appreciation for those people for doing something that you refused to do and for what you now wish to take credit for....never going to happen

i thank you all

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

JWD gave me an avenue to reconnect with my long lost brother.
    Over the years, the innerconnective relationships of myself and 3 brothers were largely built upon pretences due to our affiliation (or lack thereof)with the congregation. After many hard years, and finding my oldest brotha, I feel a larger sense of inner completion. He really inspires and challenges me. Through him, I have greater understanding of life and myself.

(if the aforementioned brother reads this post)

Don't be getting a big head over all these typed affections....Awwww, kissy woo kissy woo, you are moderatly cool and I miss you. As my good friend, The Cheat, always says "MEH!"

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Tij

Thats a fantastic analogy regarding the doctor....and so true.

I cant believe that they werent more aggressive about this website though....surely reading apostate literature (as they see it) is something they would want to stamp down on...and not be nice about.

Back on topic...

I have been helped considerably by this website and its given me the opportunity to answer questions you could find yourself disfellowshipped for asking (if you dont accept their answers that is). Although I faded many years ago it was surprising to me how still heavily indoctrinated I had been and continued to be even 7-10 years afterwards; this site has helped me break free mentally from the JW mindset. Reading CoC also helped me understand that this was just another man made cult based on guilt, fear and repression; since my first post I can say with great pride that I am now totally free of the WTS and wouldnt be but for JWD.

Thanks to everyone on here who posts...and that includes the apologists because their opinion still count, their posts have helped me challenge and test the JW belief system and see for myself that it is indeed 'not good'.

Again warmest thanks and respect to you all.

DB74

• under74
    under74

I never talked to anyone besides my siblings about being raised a JW...now I tell everyone and warn them about Saturday morning knocks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit