Who all here was personally helped by JWD

by Ticker 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ticker
    Ticker

I was and I am ever thankful to this board and all the wonderful members on it that have contributed to my freedom. Thankyou all so much and I think I might be becoming a JWD addict. I love this board it is so helpful.

Ticker

• Legolas
    Legolas

I whole heartedly agree!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

As best as I can recollect, I first came across this board in 2001 when I was living in Hawaii. I remember thinking that some of the posters seemed a bit miffed and wild. I puzzled about the Star Wars rankings of posters.

Yes, JWD has helped me. It gives me a place to sound off, to come for help, to help. Made a friend or two here. I love the international feel of the board. Nice to associate with people outside the USA.

We, most of us, used to be brothers and sisters. The society would love to keep all inactive, dfed, dAed, etc. people from associating. They can't do it. They don't have that power over us anymore. We still have the sibling bond here at JWD. I like that.

No matter how nice people who've never been JWs are, they just don't have our shared experience and history. It's nice to talk with people who do share my history.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I was.

I dont want to name any names, littletoe, but ya I was helped a lot, arrowstar. You guys have been a great encouragement to me, dansk. Not sure where I'd be with out yous guys.

I know I missed a lot but, hell tis late and Im sleeepy.

matt

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I know I haven't been on much lately, but Yeah, absolutely. I was already decidely OUT when I ran across JWD, but I hadn't had "the talk" with my wife about it yet. It was a scary time for me, and JWD was a huge help.

Thanks Simon, and all you other lugs and lugettes. I woulda trudged the road without you all, but it would've been a much lonelier trek.

Dave

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Discovering this site was LIFE CHANGING for me! I always thought in the back of my mind that JWs were just a quirky religion that could possibly be the true religion. There was always a seed in my heart that thought I could go back. But getting here and reading all these stories and finally reading Crisis of Conscience did me in. I have no doubt in my mind that JWs are a cult and there is NO CHANCE IN A FROZEN HELL that I'll ever go back. (God that feels good to say that!)

So many people to thank too! Simon, for providing the forum. Angharad for supporting Simon. Dogpatch, Quotes, AlanF, Kent, JanH, Maximus, Amazing, blondie, Scully for all their writings and inspiration! Mouthy, Megadude, Joyzabel, LittleToe, Jst2lws, and Dansk for their spiritual encouragement. I would truly be lost without ALL of you, but those were the ones that really helped me in my early days.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

PS: Dave, it's good to see you back on the forum. We've missed you lately!

• ButterflyCharmer
    ButterflyCharmer

YES!!!

This site has more than helped me escape, but helped me feel normal and not so alone in the world. Its such a wonderful feeling to be out and starting to regain a whole new identity and life for myself and my family.
    I am very grateful simon! Thank you!!!

BC

• Now What?
    Now What?

Definitely was a good great FANTASTIC find! When I came here, I was searching for a forum that might have a 2005 TMS schedule as I lost mine lol.

Dubs make it so scary to even have the slightest doubt, like you will be cast out into a black void filled with vile people of all sorts. JWD has helped me to see that there are indeed MANY sorts of people out here, but the only vile ones have been the jw drive by shoutings.

It is great for someone in the org to learn the experiences of what many of you have gone through. Even after gross doctrine/prediction failures, many simply deny that there is anything wrong. Reading your stories and watching your discussions puts a human 'face' to what really happens. No urban legends like the jw 'experiences', but the real deal here. I guess the point is that JWD helped me to see that you 'evil apostates' aren't flipped out, loser apostates but that you are people, nice intelligent people. The callous treatment of most of you folks by active jw's makes me realize just how un-Christlike they really are.

So yeah, JWD was a personal help to me.

• Frog
    Frog

Yep! JWD prompted me to analise more closely JW doctrine which I knew at heart was faulty for many reasons. Wasn't until I went fully through this process for myself that I was honestly freed in my mind of WT indoctrination, which once caused me great anxiety.

Too many people here to thank since I started hovering here in 2001. Initially my thoughts were that the "apostates" are so hung up on JW teachings obviously because their "bible trained" consciences wouldn't allow them to let it go, lol! I have to laugh at the bs thinking now, but in the early stages I was very much still thinking like a well trained dub, despite the inner repression I felt that was fighting against it.

Frog xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit