Constantine...Throw up !!!

by Legolas 32 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

So, to those of you who did not like it... was it because it did not live up to your expectations? If you couldn't follow it, does that mean it sucks, or just that you didn't have the background information to understand it?

The film may indeed suck. I haven't seen it yet. But none of you have given me compelling reasons as to why the film itself sucks. Was character development lacking? Were the protagonists, antagonists, climax difficult to identify?

How does ones' lack of understanding of a thing make that thing suck? Tell me.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

One of the best graphic novels ever. I can't see how the movie could compete. I'll see it one day but I'm not going to pay to be disappointed. It should have been kept in it's original media, why spoil the story just so the popcorn munching masses can be spoon fed dumbed downed pap?

• upside/down
    upside/down
    why spoil the story just so the popcorn munching masses can be spoon fed dumbed downed pap?

You obviously don't understand "pop culture"...

Hollywood is like the AWAKE magazine on steroids.

First they dumb you down...then dazzle you with bright lights...

u/d (of the only eats popcorn at the movies class)

• Legolas
    Legolas

Ok Daystar I'll try to tell you. It had a bad story line and bad acting (I didn't know there is a book,maybe that would have help to explain more) Did I mention a bad story line!! To me it was just crap.

• daystar
    daystar

Legolas,

It was actually based on a series of comic books entitled "Hellblazer". I really loved the part of that series that I read. It seems that they have a bit of a hard time translating some of these into movies to make sense to people who've never read them, while making them enjoyable for people familiar with the story.

Thanks for explaining more!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

My post vanished! Anyway I did say in my original message what I didn't like. It was hyped up as a horror film and turned out to be a comedy. Had I know it was based on a comic book I probably wouldn't have gone to see it - certainly not on the special preview night. I would have expected something along the lines of Judge Dredd or Hellboy, both of which were better films - the cinematography and effects were better, the mood darker, the acting better, the story credible, the dialogue humourous. This film just fell flat for me. Its certainly not the worst film I've ever paid out to see - that was probably Johnny Mnemoic.

• Preston
    Preston

I usually despise most of Keanu Reeves films however...

I actually kinda liked this one

I think you took it too seriously, it really does mirror the narrative of a comic book in some ways, whether it captured the feel of the Hellblazer sieries I can't say but I thought it was highly entertaining. I will say that you probably found as I did the whole thing a little hokey, Keanu Reeves saving the world, the mediator between heaven and hell...well...lots of good movies have a hokey premise even...I dare say... Lord of the Rings

- Preston

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Everytime I see this thread I read, "Constantine... GROW UP!"

• Legolas
    Legolas

I usually love these kind of movies....I tell ya what.......I'll watch it again to see if I can change my mind about it.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

i enjoyed it...

of course i did have a beautiful young lady to enjoy it with...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit