How I got out of JWs, they showed me the way!

by out of the box 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Preston
    Preston

Ugh!

That's a really sad experience, even for JW's that was REALLY harsh what you went through, ironically it sounds like you're happy they motivated you to leave!

- Preston

• Carol
    Carol

I've got to ask.....I may have missed it.......did JW Hubby stay with Mom and Dad or come back? Is he still in or did he wise up also? It amazes me what users most of the JW's are and how they very rarely ever give back!

At least here at JWD we may enjoy a good debate and differences of opinion....but if you need something, you'll have it from someone in very short order!

• out of the box
    out of the box

Carol, Thanks for asking,

Yes the JW husband did come back eventually when I was all better. I let him help us out but it was over. But he got DF soon after that for being caught smoking. Some elders stopped by to check on him and he put the cigarette pack in his shirt pocket for them to see. It was over for him and for us because he went downhill fast. He went into Cocaine and other things. He is still messed up. We had to help him out a lot because he was always broke and without a place to stay. His parents did not put up with him long. They apologized to me and said they would help me whenever I needed it. His mother and I are still friends and she LOVES my husband I have now. I on the other hand feel I got out unscathed from all that because I am stronger.

I do not have back problems any more. I worked hard on the stretching exercises to get well. It took several years for it to calm down. When they say 'no pain no gain' they really mean it! I decided to back to college and the first class I had was on the 4th floor!!! I sat at the bottom step and cried. When everyone had gone into their class, I crawled up the stairs and into the classroom. Everyone gasped, they thought I had fallen or something. All was quiet. I told them about my back and they gave me a standing ovation! It took me a long time to do these courses but I eventually (a few years) got my B.S. As you can see, I am a determined person, persistance is a virtue!

I learned that when I am knocked down, I get right back up and stronger!!! JWs were not the only abuse I had in my life. But there is NO more!

out of the box

• out of the box
    out of the box

Frannie,

Your story is sad as well! We were too strong to be JWS! You'd think that they would see how determined and independent we are when we were studying and tell us to hit the road then and spare the agony later on!

I know how that felt when you had no one to turn to! But, you somehow did it didn't you? Persistance! And, I'll bet no one does anything like that to you again do they?

out of the box

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    We were too strong to be JWS! ; You'd think that they would see how determined and independent we are when we were studying and tell us to hit the road then and spare the agony later on!

I know how that felt when you had no one to turn to! ; But, you somehow did it didn't you? ; Persistance! ; And, I'll bet no one does anything like that to you again do they?

Out of the box, that was the worst and longest and loneliest time in my life. I was alone, except for my youngest son who was still a teenager at the time, and isolated from anyone I could call friend or family for seven long years.....until I got online and found xdub sites.

They treated my children horribly and me, too. I'd never go back. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to go back.

LOL! Yep, it's a wonder they even let us get baptised, yanno.

Frannie

• freedom96
    freedom96

Though I know that there are those witnesses that do care, as a whole it is sad to see what really happens when someone needs a helping hand.

Everyone goes their seperate ways because they can't be bothered.

• urbanized
    urbanized

out of the box, thanks for sharing your story. so sad. like any organization, the jw's have their share of amazingly compassionate folk along with terrible, selfish users. but the whole separatist groupthink mindset of the org is what i think tends to draw more of the latter. shameful. just curious what part of virginia you're in...i'm about to move up to new york for grad school, in just a few weeks, hence the listing on my profile, but i've lived in richmond va all my life and i attended sandston congregation.

• Etude
    Etude

out of the box:

That's an amazing story. Do you ever wonder, had you not suffered such adversities, whether you would have proven you metle? Do you think you would have accomplished as much, in particular your significant triumph of persistence to just get better? I think that the average person would have given up or would have become dependent on others for help.

Etude.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

thanks for telling.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

OOTB

Theres an old saying that whatever doesnt kill you only makes you stronger...and stronger you seem to be for your experiences; I suppose I was lucky because I have never been treated like you were by the elders or anyone else for that matter but I know plenty that have; glad things have turned around for you and that you are free.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit