How I got out of JWs, they showed me the way!

by out of the box 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• poppers
    poppers

Out of the box - that was some story. I am glad you have escaped. For those who still remain in, even if it is a "comfortable" box, it is still a box. Too bad that they can't see this. Prison bars made of ideas is much stronger than those made of iron.

• out of the box
    out of the box

greendawn, yes I am sure that other religions are out there but, I am not interested in committing to any yet. I like the 'fellowship' but since I have learned all I have about cults, I am content to be 'alone' as it were. I am older now and in a good marriage with great children and grandchildren and an active job, so there is less missing in my life. That helps me not to have to 'search' for the missing pieces.

anewme, I liked your comments below:

They are coming in from this current world as it is. I'm sure the same discouragement is going on in all the religions.

Im sure being an old timer as they call anyone in the org over 30 years is often a lonely road.

They really made things more in perspective. After all while I was a JW I was taught to look outside myself for blame, such as the world or Satan. But, in reality if you do look around, there are lots of these same issues everywhere! If I talked about what the people at work do... well that is enough material for a whole new board!!! Ha ha Thank you for the encouragement. You have an intuition that is keen and loving toward people!

dedpoet, I always wondered if Pioneers ever got the same treatment. WOW! Thank you for sharing your experience! It really helped me to see, along with what others have posted that I truely was NOT alone!!!

out of the box

• out of the box
    out of the box

poppers, True words of WISDOM!!! Thank you for the kind words!

For those who still remain in, even if it is a "comfortable" box, it is still a box. Too bad that they can't see this. Prison bars made of ideas is much stronger than those made of iron.

out of the box

• out of the box
    out of the box

Frannie,

Your story of homebuilding hit home for me too, all my uncles on my father's side were carpenters! They all built each other's homes! And they would name the street they made down the middle with their name on it!!!

dF'ing of a young pioneer sister while the PO doing the announcement graphically (sights and smells) described the act of fornication she was being dF'd for while the pioneer brother was only publicly reproved; She sat there totally crushed;crying uncontrollably through the announcement.

This was a Catholic practice years ago! A friend of my mom's was told to stand on the front steps of the church while the priest told the whole church that she was a fornicator and adultress! She was pregnant out of wedlock. The man was inside sitting down with the rest of the people! Remember the book 'The Scarlet Letter'? I can't believe they carried that practice in the 'truth'!

Approx. 90 minutes later, my son came back in crying and heartbroken

The JWs did this to me more than once. And the 'rich and well off ones' would announce a trip we could all go on over the weekend, we would get excited only to find out we had to pay big bucks to go along to pay our way... then why 'announce' it to the congregation? It gave me the message that... hummmmm I came in poor, they came in rich and it's OK. I should leave and make some money and come back in with a better status!!! Then things would be different for me!

They destroy faith, families and lives.

It doesn't seem to bother some to step on those they do not understand or feel that they are unworthy! I thought they were developing their consciences? It appears most have none, or are numb and are drones.

Thank you for you story and sharing your experiences. It is the smart ones that move on and grow and think for themselves.

out of the box

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit