Do you believe that good comes from fighting?

by jeanniebeanz 32 Replies latest social family

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Airing ones complaints is a good idea, but I have learned it's the way you do it that gets the most results.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Well, fighting with my man last night earned me a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich this morning so I'd have to say, yes sometimes!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I have, shamefully, started and finished some spectacular fights in my time. Id like to say it was all verbal and not physical, but I did once BITE my ex husband as hard as I could because he was doing that male trick of not showing any emotion whatsoever, and I wanted some reaction, any reaction rather than no reaction.

Didnt work!

My current partner and I have been pretty fiery too, and the only good thing that has come from it is make up sex.

But we are learning to communicate not fight. And its MUCH better.

So, no, for me NOTHING good ever came of any of my fights (except for maybe 10 seconds worth of relief, but even that was very short lived as I never accomplished my aims long term)

• prophecor
    prophecor

After the storm is over, you have the unique opportunity to reduce yourself back to being an adult, from having been a monter, or a monstress, if you wish. To know when to lay down arms, with the purpose of truly being there for the one you love, you wouldn't get that bent outta' shape over someone you didn't, will show that indivdual, just how much you're willing to sacrifice in order to maintain peace. The greatest thing we can sacrifice in our relationships are our egos

• minimus
    minimus

Making up can be worth it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Damn good make-up sex

• talesin
    talesin

I hate fighting. But, if I get pushed and pushed and pushed ... things can get heated on the rare occasion.

Rules of engagement,,, no name calling, raising the voice, manipulative tears, or bringing up the past.

tal

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Fights are the norm. We're human. It's a way to bring disagreements to the fore and to settle them.

Funny thing is, Mrs. O & I will sometimes disagree (which I categorize as different from fighting) and in the process will sometimes raise our voices or use words that we would not use in polite company. And sometimes, there are others present, and they say "OK, you two. No fighting!"

And we say, "Dude, you ain't seen us fighting yet. Wait until one or both of us gets wound up!"

• thom
    thom

I have to be pushed really really hard to get into a fight. I don't like to just attack someone emotionally, I don't see the point. And of course I don't like it done to me either.
    I find that I can say what's bothering me in a controlled way and in a way that shows I'm there to work it out, not to just vent. I don't think I've ever been in a real verbal "fight" in my life. Disagreements, yes, many times, but never a fight.
    If someone blows off steam at me, I don't fight back, just take it. Then when things cool down, we can talk about it in a reasonable way. I couldn't be in a relationship with someone who felt that yelling or fighting was a normal way to communicate.

• Frog
    Frog

Collectively fighting for ones human rights has yielded very positive results. In a one to one sitution I think anything worth fighting for should be negotiated in as diplomatic a way as possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit