Do you believe that good comes from fighting?

by jeanniebeanz 32 Replies latest social family

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

done that 20 times. i think i need to size them down or something. ive done hit my limit of trying right now. ill figure it out in a min

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I have, shamefully, started and finished some spectacular fights in my time. Id like to say it was all verbal and not physical, but I did once BITE my ex husband as hard as I could because he was doing that male trick of not showing any emotion whatsoever, and I wanted some reaction, any reaction rather than no reaction.

Hehe this reminds me of the arguments I used to have with my ex.

She would be screaming, shouting, getting extremely heated and I would be as calm as a mouse not biting back...and she would finally scream....how the hell can you be so devoid of emotion? I am screaming and shouting and you are all so calm and considered....my answer to that always was and will be....'because I can'.

Its about having control over your emotions and being able to rationalise; fighting resolves nothing, a good frank discussion and debate however resolves issues and feelings.

DB74

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

diamondblue I'm not sure what kind of women you date but the ones i date dont work like that. if shes pist and thinks its worth screaming at you for then shes going to get a reaction. if you sit there and act like you dont give a rats ass shes going to push and push untill you do.

"well fine then ass hole.......crash," and she starts breaking things then when your like wtf ? she says nothing and acts like she dont give a rats ass. ive found the best way to handle that is to act just as pist as they are. scream back for a moment then quickly agree with them on a small point " well maybe your right about that but i sure the hell dont want to talk about it" and act like your mad at yourself for maybe being wrong and the fights over. she thinks she won and shuts up and she dont want to push it be causes there no need to.

you have to act like you think the problem is as bad as they think it is, show the same level of emotions, then act like you were wrong on a smaller point so you dont have to on the bigger points. it keeps it nice and short.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit