Phone Witnessing...

by RichieRich 45 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8
    couldnt go out in fs as often as he liked because no-one would take him..he was always available..

so i suggested that he be allowed to do telephone witnessing

nope wasnt allowed because he wasnt housebound..his visits to the hospital proved that

defd, Please comment on the tjkmo quote above.

• Preston
    Preston
    Closest thing I got to phone witnessing was standing at the intercoms of a high rise block of flats in Southampton. You took it in turn to press a bell and try and witness through the speaker system. It was REALLY hard. You could be a whole morning stood in the same place.

Dear Sweet Jesus! Ughhhhhhhhhhhh, It sounds like a nightmare I had as a dub of being forced to stand at the same door and having a coveyor belt of people tell you to F-off

- Preston

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

When my old KH tried pushing phone pestering witnessing over 10 years ago, I came right out and said.. "I don't like it when telemarketers call me and if I do that, then I am no different than a telemarketer." Nothing was ever said to me and the entire idea of using the phone to bother people was a failure in my KH.

HappyDad

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

ha ha ha hah aha

Preston - thats JUST what it was like - its just taken me 17 years and a post on a forum to realise it!!!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I don't think that it ever really caught on in my old KH either. Mind you we were in a huge rural area, so we didn't really have any security buildings that you couldn't get into.

Damselfly

• Quotes
    Quotes

Luna2 said:
    ================
    Quotes, that was awesome! I will never get such a chance unless I change my phone number or move. LOL If I ever do get a phone-witnessing call, I'll have to remember some of those points! I take it Nimrod never called back?
    ====================

Am an shocked, surprised, and dissappointed to report that as of 16 months later, this gentleman still has not called me back, despite his original promise to do so. Maybe he doesn't feel my life should be saved by his life-saving message? ;)

~Quotes, of the "Royal Life Saving Society certified" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit