Phone Witnessing...

by RichieRich 45 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

In my congregation, there is a well established group that does phone witnessing every Thursday. The society actually encourages us to try other avenues of ministry, however it seems like Phone witnessing is hurting more than its helping...

Even I, the covert Apostate, don't mind phone witnessing.

I mean whats not to love?

• Air conditioning
    • food
    • sitting around and talking
    • girls
    • did I mention food?

Any thoughts?

• undercover
    undercover

and if you're sly about it you can call a wrong number(like the all temp/time number) pretend to talk to someone or pretend it's a not-at-home.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    and if you're sly about it you can call a wrong number(like the all temp/time number) pretend to talk to someone or pretend it's a not-at-home.

most kids just call their cells... and leave a message...

• minimus
    minimus

You could talk suggestively, too.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i always just called my own number, and hung up when the voice mail came on.

i hated phone work more than regular work.

now, i don't hate any of it.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I never did phone witnessing, thank goodness! I imagine if I did then I would have called the weather line and "preached away"!

Damselfly

• damselfly
    damselfly

Questions abound in my mind!

Does this group meet up together to do this? are they in the same room or the same building? I have this mental picture of the PBS fundraisers with all rows of people on the phones. Is there a "script"? Where do you get the phone numbers? Is there phone territory? Or do you just rip pages out of the phone book?

I think that's all my questions for now.

I'm also thinking that I should have payed attention more as a JW!

Damselfly

• vitty
    vitty

Towards the end, before my fade, I would just telephone witness. The last time I went out on first call we did the local university were there were a lot of foreign students. They were just lapping up everything we told them, cos they where under the impression we were main stream christians. I just couldnt do it to them !!!!!!

Never went out again. As for doing it on the phone it was pathetic, id say "we are having a bible talk on sunday and are inviting interested ones to come along" most would say no thanks, and id just be relieved. Im sorry I didnt just pretend, I could have really showed off my ministry skills LOL

• undercover
    undercover
    You could talk suggestively, too.

You could call those phone-sex lines...ahahaha and let the KH pay for it... I luv it...

• Quotes
    Quotes

Phone witnessing (when actually done, and not calling the Weather Report number) is EXCELLENT!

It allows me to ANTI-WITNESS in the comfort of my own home, and I have the convenience of referring to the World Wide Web without appearing rude (since they can't see me).

Here is what happened when I was phone-witnessed in March 2004 (the only time I've been contacted in almost a decade... that's some urgent, life-saving work there!)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/69268/1.ashx

~Quotes, of the "Alexander Graham Bell" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit