Does God Care If We Get All Dressed Up To Worship Him?

by Honesty 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I've even seen articles where they condemn wearing the clothes of jesus day which is actually still worn by the arabs and made it sound like people would mistake it for a dress . Is that completely retarded or what ? How do they hope to convert arabs if they insult things like that ? The arabs like to have beards as well so lets insult that . Really I don't get the denim evil and polyester good mentality either .

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

this one always bothered me, some people would come to the kingdom hall in jeans (maybe rushed from work), or a little casual, or maybe a new one who had never been to the Kingdom Hall, and the elders would be all over that person, like who cares, the person made it to the meeting, but nooooooo, even that's not good enough.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Last Sunday's WT had a pic of some people in Japan that didn't wear ties out in service. I so badly wanted to raise my hand and point it out.

Of course, no one else had the guts either.

-ithinkisee

• heathen
    heathen

Yah really , how come nobody ever points out that the worldly buisness people wear ties and suits ? The evil greedy industrialist types . OHHH that's right they are a publishing corporation and need to dress to impress so as to sell magazines .................

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well the last time I took my wife for dinner I did not get dressed up - infact it was shorts and teashirt - boy was she pissed - why because I had not made any effort for her - so it may be the same for God - he likes effort - so I am told

• Satanus
    Satanus

Doesn't satan wear a tux? Or is he naked also? Does the way he dresses affect god's attitude toward him?

S

Ps, all the god pics i've seen has him in old fashioned greek robes. Is god perhaps a bit envious of modernists?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well.....How did John the Baptist dress when he worshipped God?

"In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea.... John's clothes were made of camel's hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey" (Matthew 3:1, 4).

Somehow I don't think he wore the equivalent of a dubbie suit-and-tie when he preached out in the hot desert.

• carla
    carla

no backless shoes? really? too sexy? carla

• Satanus
    Satanus

I wonder how often john took a bath. Probably only when he baptised a new disciple. Still, i bet the disciple got more bathing than john did.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit