Women, Women, Everywhere..

by Englishman 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Seriously, there are more women dubs than men. Lot's more as I recall.

Am I right?

Why would women be attracted to join such a chauvinistic, patriarchal and mysogenist religious group?

Why?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Englishman.

• badboy
    badboy

My mum,who was never a jw noticed that as well.

• damselfly
    damselfly

It was my experience in my old KH that single mothers tended to join. I've often thought it might have been out of loneliness. And then years later it often comes out that they were abused as children or in the marriage. Newcomers are often bombarded with love and attention and everyone wants to help out with their children.

Damselfly

• under74
    under74

I think my mom joined because she wouldn't have to make choices for herself. She joined around the age of 17. She was from a small town and had a dominating father. She wasn't expected to be smart or pull her own weight in the world but instead to marry and have kids. When she was faced with decisions about her life she froze under the pressure. I think JWs was a comfort to her. It made it okay for her to not make any decisions.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Women love a bastard.

Sometimes.....

Paul of the non-bastard but happily married class

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

and not a drop to drink

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Cuz many Dub men have problems with their nads, causing them only to have female offspring. I know of 3 families who have 5, 6, and 7 kids because they kept trying for that male offspring, but couldn't get it. No doubt it was a problem with the guys nads. Funny they could serve as elders though, even with their nad problems.

Kwin

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

oh yes loads more women in the witness faith. 7 women to 1 man down here in S.A. That's why the young sisters used to scramble for attention. And of cause with stats like that it don't matter how u g l y they were, they still thought they were gods' gift to us.

*spit*

• upside/down
    upside/down

That's also partly how the "marry 'em off quick" mentality and culture gets it's momentum.

If you don't pick one (dude) PDQ... it's Nazariteship for you for eternity.

Ever notice how the unsuspecting "male" that is studying is being vied for WAY before he's a "brother" and the "sisters" get all territorial about it, staking out a "claim"...and as soon (or even before) as he's dunked... he's married....hmmmm.

If it weren't so real...it'd be funny.

u/d (of the I was a "commodity" once class)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Because they think jw men are safe? *shrugs shoulders*

We know better don't we.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit