Attracted to a Jehovah Witness

by AJNG99 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AJNG99
    AJNG99

Well, I appreciate each and every one of you putting their input. I have taken into consideration all what you said. It makes sense why bother with the heartache, when I have enough going on in life. Life is already tough to begin with, this just would be another problem. However, that being said, it will take time for me to actually fully get over this person. I am not that type of person who can easily turn on and off my feelings like that. I am not infatuated with this person and think I am going to be in la la land if I were to hook up with a person like him. I am in my 20's and passed the whole puppy love. The guy and I have talked, it's not like I saw him right away, and was attracted to him instantly. It's the personality that drew me. One thing that is interesting from reading the other posts through the links some of you posted, was how some Jehovah Witness men are shy, and soft spoken. I noticed that in him. Anyway, their is plenty of fish in the sea, and quite frankly my faith is important to me as well, as his may be to him. So I guess make both our lives easier and not bother than a friendship. I appreciate all your replies, and please post more if you have anything more to say.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Smart choice . Good luck!

GBL

• kls
    kls

Ajng, now knowing what you have learned about jws ,he may not look the same to you ever again.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ouch! Sorry if my words stung. I am in my forties and I still get infatuated.

Perhaps you have shared more with this man than your post inferred. If so, I apologize.

Just for your own peace of mind, why don't you attend a Kingdom Hall some Sunday, (not his, a random one) and listen in? Expect to be greeted warmly and to receive some solicitation at the end of the meeting. This is to be expected, they are always looking for new converts. You will also likely hear some tsk tsk'ing about the current state of the world. This is the warm-up to their main selling point, Paradise Earth.

What I want you to listen for is what they say about "Christendom's Churches". I don't think I have gotten through a single public talk where other churches haven't been verbally lambasted, flayed, set on a spit to roast. I can't think of a faster way to introduce you to their subtle bigotry towards other religions, the Catholic Church which is premier among them.

• AJNG99
    AJNG99

Jgnat, don't worry I didn't take it personally. How do you end up marrying one? You are not a Jehovah Witness but are you a believer of any other faith. Also, does it cross your mind what will happen if you guys have kids? After reading some of this posts, and also, hearing stories in the news about kids and the parents just distancing themselves. He just makes me shake my head.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Quite simple, really. I was head-over-heels and too far gone by the time I realized how deep the JW programming goes. Besides, he is an adorable lug.

The issue of children will not come up, I am past childbearing. This was a major issue for both of us, and if we were considering having children, we probably would not have stayed together.

P.S. He has suffered a great deal of ostracism for sticking with me. The ladies at the hall hold out hope that I will "come around". As if. The hall is a guilded cage, and I won't sing. P.P.S. I call myself a "vanilla" Christian, protestant. I was well established in my faith before I met him, and well versed in the bible. I don't fool easily.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

AJ

A very warm welcome. I'm a Christian, born catholic. My lifelong friend (atheist) took about 3 years gradually getting involved with this religion. I thought it was good for him to become a Christian, until it has almost destroyed his whole family. I joined this board a few months ago and have researched the Bible and many books.

Please don't take our word for it. Please research and find out for yourself before you get any closer to this guy. I went to a Kingdom Hall just once, this yea's memorial. I learned they secretly teach the New Covenant (& therefore the Bible is not for us as we were born after 1935) There are only 8000 anointed Christians alive today , all JWs. Christ is not our mediator and 99.9 % of JWs are not allowed to share bread & wine at the memorial (communion) service.

Please research. Take care, I would hate to see anyone else unwittingly dragged into a religion based on fear and hate, who do not believe in doing any charity or other good works.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Good luck, you really are doing the right thing.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Check_Your_Premises laid it out nicely on another thread, the difference between being attracted to a JW to being married to one.

We have to be here. We have to read about this incredibly stupid @%. We have to pretend that we are interested in this completely asinine "religion" so our loved ones will even talk to us. We have to spend mind numbing hours in boring meetings. We have to scour the web for that one article or fact that might finally "open their eyes". We have to sit there and take it while our loved ones put their relationship to this demonic, uncaring false prophet before we who love them with all your heart. We have to sit back and watch our loved ones turn into robots. We have to watch people we love, admire, and respect completely humiliate themselves by knocking on peoples door to spew fairy tales.

We have to be here. You don't.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/94771/1.ashx

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Welcome! You sound like a smart young woman. I am a RC and my daughter dated a JW, which is how I came to this board. You are very fortunate to have the information available, these people are great! The sad thing about JWs is they are brainwashed, although they would deny it and laugh at the thought, it is true. Many have been harmed by their teachings. Many here, former JW's, are now atheist or at least against organized religion. Easy to see why, after one knows what they went through as JWs.

Stay smart, and happy, and healthy. Your mental health will suffer if you stay with this guy, even as nice as he is, it is a harmful relationship. I know firsthand. You can send me a message if you like, since I have been there done that, I enjoy helping others. But it sounds like you are on the right track,

AuntieJane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit