Attracted to a Jehovah Witness

by AJNG99 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AJNG99
    AJNG99

Oh I get it now Ozzie.

Jeannie, to be frank I don't know absoutley anything about the religion/cult. I can't believe the children would do that to one of their parents.

• outoftheorg
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Believe it, it happens...sadly.

Hang around and read some of the stories. Garybus is in exactly the situation I describe as are others. We are glad to have you here.

Welcome!

Jeannie

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Ajng99 welcome to this forum.

Stay around and you will be able to speak with many who were or are in your potential position.

Do they really shun family like that????

You bet. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother who refuse to acknowledge my existance since 1991. The two sisters are now dead and the brother is nearing death.

My crime? I got angry with the elders and told them off. Angry due to the pedophile that molested my daughter remained an elder in good standing. With lots of contacts with young children.

Even after my daughter and several others ratted on him.

You don't need this kind of atmosphere in your life.

Outoftheorg

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Sorry false post.

• kls
    kls

Welcome Ang99, really believe it ,no one is worth that much pain in anyones life ,no one.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Let's just put it this way Ang - if you date this guy on the sly and get baptized (because you'll HAVE to), you will have to accept that 10 men in Brooklyn right now are speaking for God, and agree with everything that they say or get disfellowshipped (shunned). They have never been right about anything ever. They have caused heartache and misery to thousands. Their mandates have killed thousands of people, including children. Their teachings are not even Biblical. You can do a ton of research on the cult now, but if you don't really feel like it.. take our words for it and run the f*ck away from this guy and find a nice normal dude.

Stick around, nice to meet ya.

GBL

• homesteader
    homesteader

This guy is only being nice because he wants to convert you. Be cautious...the kindness is very conditional, conditional on you conforming to what JW's believe.

• Now What?
    Now What?

Greetings and welcome to the board!

Has he given any indication in interest towards you (other than being nice)? I am an active jw and quite frankly, this is a big no-no in witness land, dating outside the faith, especially someone of the 'apostate' Roman Catholic church. Yes, we are trained to be friendly to everyone, but its not so honest-hearted as you might think. If he dates you, it will certainly be undercover. Don't expect to meet his jw family anytime soon. You will need to abandon Christ (at least the Christ you currently know) and become a jw first.

You must understand what motivates those nice jw you see. An example: Are you aware that jw's when in the door-to-door work frequently joke about what houses they will take over when all the worldly's are killed-off by God at Armegeddon? How about a joke about taking all the family photos of the previous 'wicked' homeowners and burning them in the street as a big 'wicked worldly-be-gone' party.

If your friend shared with you what I just said, he would lose all chance at a new convert. So you will get lots of smiles and pleasantries instead. In reality, you are seen as someone doomed to destruction unless you convert. Don't believe me? Ask him what happens to non-jw.

On the other hand, if he does have feelings for you, maybe you can help him to see past the curtain of the WT wizard.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I can't believe the children would do that to one of their parents.

Believe it.

My son (9 years old) and my step-daughter (13 years old) will not speak to me because I left the JW's and started worshipping Jesus as my God and my Lord.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit