Challenge to the Watchtower Society

by Farkel 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hey Farkel, good form!

• sf
    sf

HELLRIDER!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!! That was great fun reading. I am laughing so hard right now.

"Nurse!" LOLOLOLOL!!!!

sKally

• martorii
    martorii

Farkel,

Do you challenge the WT on any specific subjects or on all of them in general?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Brilliant thread- Thanks Farkel - well I for one would not challenge you nor AlanF nor Blondie but I would like to buy you all a drink one day

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Farkel -

The watchtower chronological system works like this;

1-Pick a date that you wish to use to create furvor among the witness ilk,

2-Find a corresponding date that you can count backwards to - say 607 for instance,

3-Find a real historical significance to that date - or if unavailable - make something up,

4-Find a biblical number that can be converted to weeks of years, or something similar, use Pyamid conversions only in difficult cases,

5-Make the conversion.

6-Tie to as many unreated passages as you can find to support it, the more convoluted the better,

7-Create false history if needed for support [dubs read only wt pubs anyway]

8-Stir up zeal for the date, encourage sacrifice,

9-When date fails, just let it fade away. Deny as needed. Best solution - blame it on the dubs.

10-When writing the next history of the organization, be vague, lie only when needed.

11- If ever questioned, tell the person that he is evil, weak, wicked, or not spiriturally minded.

12-If doubters persist, expel them, repudiate them, destroy their family.

It works! 6 million witnesses buy it everyday!

Jeff

• Farkel
    Farkel

martorii,

: Do you challenge the WT on any specific subjects or on all of them in general?

My only stipulation would be to pick topics that are significant to the lives of JWs. When dubs are cornered in a debate, as a last resort (if they are honest) is to say, "Well, at least we got the basics right: use Jehovah's name, no hellfire, soul sleep, no trinity." The problem with that excuse is that none of these beliefs are important. If God wanted us to know and use the exact spelling and pronunciation of his name, he would have made sure it was preserved through the millennia. He didn't. Even Jesus called him "Our Father...in Heaven," not Jehovah. Personally, I don't think God cares a rat about his name. He's not some petty human who would get freaked out if we mispronounced it. No hellfire and soul sleep doctrines don't make a single bit of difference in anyone's life. We'll only know or not know about those beliefs after we are dead and this gives us an eternity to find the answer (or not) to those beliefs. Liakewise, how does believing or not believing in a trinity affect ANYONE's life? It doesn't.

But beliefs like the authority of the FDS, blood, and many others DO affect one's life. Other than what I've just exempted, I'll debate them on anything as long as it is a belief that is unique to dubs.

Farkel

• JH
    JH

OK, I'm the big guy from Brooklyn...

Lets debate...

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Farkel,

Don't hold your breath. I think they stopped debating when Rutherford lost the debate to the Rev. J.H. Troy in 1915 in Los Angeles, Cal. Rutherford himself claimed victory in the pages of the Watchtower, but if you read the debates yourself, it becomes quite obvious that Rutherford was no match for Troy.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have indeed been giving the world a lot of foul s--t since the days of Russell the first FDS and followed even more foul smelling pooh from Rutherford Franz-Knorr and then inspirations dried up with the GB, they keep peddling the old pooh to the dubs.

They will never dare come out of their ivory tower to debate face to face with their opponents because they know their ideology is S--t and will fall to pieces. And their FDS will get ruined while it is vital for keeping them in control.

• JH
    JH

dual3ph.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit