first a publisher, now GF wants me baptized by Sept...

by Buck 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Buster
    Buster

Okay Buck ... do you have a dad? What does he think?

You call this witch a pure spirit? Are you kidding? She's manipulating you to join a cult, you moron.

But all that aside, if you have no intention of growing a spine then being a puppet of the witnesses and this woman is probably as good as any other life of servitude.

Enjoy the Koolaid

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You've caved in thus far. You'll cave in further, and further, and further. It'll never be enough.

Grow a spine already. You're a man, for crying out loud!!!

DY

• Es
    Es

I implore you to seriously and deeply comsider everything you know. Its so your choice to get baptized just make sure you are 100% sure. If you get pressured to get baptized and you cave then later on if you decided it wasnt for you, no one else is going to accept the blame, it will all be your fault, nevermind that you were pressured they will conveniently forget that. Hope all goes well hun and pls keep us posted. es

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***"Love" makes a person do stupid things. Your gut is telling your that this is wrong, but you're letting your emotions lead you in your life.

Gut instinct is a far better teacher than the WTS. We can't even tell you the full impact or the enormity of becoming a JW entails and what they can (and WILL) do to your life if you decide someday that it isn't the "Truth" and isn't for you. GO with your gut and let the chips fall where they may.

***But I dont want to turn around and have no relationship and no religion. I have no idea about a lot of my religious beliefs, but I know what my beliefs are about her.

IF she loves YOU, as a PERSON then all this discussion isn't necessary now, is it? IF she demands that IN ORDER for her to love you, that you become a JW, then this IS a problem. I wonder if you told her that she'd have to only wear green clothing because you only could love her IN green clothing---how would this go over? Put the shoe on the other foot for a change.

I'm concerned about the fact that you feel that you could have "no religion" if you stood up and looked at this "you gotta BE a JW if you wanna marry me" mindset. "YOU" can always have any religion (or NO religion) that you choose to have! Your relationship with God is not dependent on making sure this girl gets her (and the WTS') own way!!!! WHAT are you thinking?

***It comes down to this: If I knew I could find someone this pure in my life again, it would probably be easy to walk away. But I dont know if it will ever happen again. Sometimes you only get one shot at the gold and if you miss, you will have to settle.

I'd have to have more info on this to be able to reply with any understanding of where you're coming from.
    Pure of heart?
    Pure as in virgin?
    What?

Annie

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

There is NEVER only one shot. Life is a million variations / options / routes / opportunities. There are as many options as there are people in the world.

You are possibly thinking that there is only one lid to fit your pot and therfore it deserves any amount of sacrifice. NOT TRUE my petal. There are many many lids that fit many many pots - they range from 0% to 100% fits and every % inbetween.

Whose to say a 94% fit will make you less happy than a 100% fit whose a member of a controllong religion? Whose to say an 87% fit is better or worse than a 91% fit. Open your mind to the many possibiities in life and stop thinknig there is only ONE path to happiness.

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Buck,

Once you take the plung you will be forever under their scrutiny. If you are having doubts you should seriously consider that the right thing is not to marry this woman. You will hurt her and she will in turn make your life misareble, not to mention the mental pain the family will put you through.

Think about it.

OC

• willy_think
    willy_think

There are 4 things you need to do:

1) Run from the cult.

2) Dump the chick.

3) Run from the cult.

4) Dump the chick.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a long way to go for sex, but you probably will get some.

S

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"But Iam afraid I will cave in just like Ive done before. "

If you really believe and want to dedicate your life to the dubs, then take the dunk. If you're doing it only because your squeeze is pressuring you? Then take a pass. It's a matter of faith & belief & dedication. Either you feel it or you don't. Do NOT make your baptism about anything other than your own dedication.

Personally, I think the WTBS is full of it. And I'm glad I never took the dunk. But this isn't about me; it's about YOU.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If the elders are savvy they will be suspicious of someone in your position. Too many have come along , got baptized , married then disappeared, leaving the girl with an unbelieving husband. If I had been conducting your questions in the old days, I would have pushed hard to obtain vewpoint answers.

Unfortunately the printed q's focus on facts and not viewpoint, so you might get away with it. But there is a new section in the new Org book. It actually prints the baptism day public q's. The elder will review this and ask you "Have you repented and dedicated yourself" A halfhearted response must surely let you off the hook.

[BTW. It also asks you about what you would wear to get baptized? and how you must conduct yourself with dignity !!]

Also mate.. Beware the sweet natured witness girl who pays lip service to the concept of "headship".. They change once they have married you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit