How to spot a JW? some questions

by Evanescence 22 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 6/94 p. 3 Meaningful Meetings for Field Service ***

The conductor may likewise give us pointed direction to help us avoid anything that might detract from our work. He may caution us about congregating on street corners

*** km 9/78 p. 3 Enjoying Organized Service ***

Dividing up the assignment can be done "by arrangement" with brothers assisting in taking groups to different parts of the territory. In this way, the publishers will not create a scene by congregating on a street corner. The conductor wants things to be done "decently."

So if a van pulls up and 6 people in suits/dresses jump out with bookbags you know these have to be JWs.

I like the suggestion to ask them where they live so you can call on them to read a few words from the Bible.

I know it would have unnerved me as a JW.

Otherwise I don't think it is possible to identify a JW in day to day life unless they say something or do something (turn down a birthday treat at work). Any extreme grooming might identify them as "not" being a JW.

Blondie

• trevor
    trevor

In my day you could spot them from the cheap polyester blazers and short hair cuts positioned above a false smile. Now They are sporting cheap polyester anoraks and no smile. Their cars have improved but you can easily spot a pair of Jehovah’s Witnesses when they pull up. They sit in the car talking for ten minutes before they start pretending to check the contents of their plastic ministry bags.

A brace of wanabees knocked on my door and I said I had studied the beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses and decided they had lost the plot. They asked how I knew they were Jehovah’s Witnesses and not Mormons. I told them the Mormons always looked smart!

Wooo Sooo Bitter

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    I like the suggestion to ask them where they live so you can call on them to read a few words from the Bible.

lol! I was thinking along the lines of "oh where do you live? I was thinking of knocking on your door and sharing my religion with you"

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit