How to spot a JW? some questions

by Evanescence 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Hello I was just wondering how can you spot a jw? Many of you mentioned about spotting a jw down at the shops or something, how do you reconise them?

Also how does a jw on field ministry dress?

Can you ring up your local jw Kingdom Hall and ask questions over the phone?

Ans what are things that really annoy the jw's? or you can do to annoy them?

Thanks.

Evanescence

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Is it not written

“by his attaché case so shall you know him”

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Huh?

I just want to know how to spot a jw cause I do not know any jw's in my area, I wanted to meet one and ask them a few questions.

Evanescence

• under74
    under74

mmm...they're usually in pairs walking around a neighborhood with brief cases or bookbags...holding Awakes or Watchtowers. Unlike Mormons they don't have one way to dress and don't have name tags so they're hard to pin point.......unless you were one of them once. You can call a a Kingdom Hall but I'd be careful about that.

• luna2
    luna2

While they may not have one particular form of dress, the men will usually have a suit/sport coat or dress shirt and tie and dress slacks. Women will have on a skirt or dress, practical walking shoes (usually, unless they really enjoy sore feet at the end of the day). Hems should be modest (generally no mini skirts). The book bags/brief cases, though, are your big tip off.

Saturday mornings around 10:00 to 11:00 you might check out a McDonalds or a Dunkin Donut type place. They are pretty noticeable in their meeting-type clothes amonst all the casually dressed normal people. They'd prolly adore having someone come up to them with questions...at least until you asked them about the UN or the pedophile question. Hehehehe...you'd prolly clear the place out in about 30 seconds.

Edit: I see you're from Australia...dunno if JW's do the donut break thing down under or not.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Middle aged women in bright flowery skirts, middle aged men in cheap suits.

Young women dresed a little tarty but in a respectable sort of way if you get my meaning, young men in expensive suits thinking they look like mafiosi.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    You can call a a Kingdom Hall but I'd be careful about that.

Why? what happens if you call them?

I was thinking of putting my phone on Private number then calling them! So they won't know who it is.....

Evanescence

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Edit: I see you're from Australia...dunno if JW's do the donut break thing down under or not.

Honestly I havn't a clue on what they get up to! they don't even come to my door!!! Oh and we don't have a "dunkin dohnut" but we do have Dohnut king!! mmm dohnut king *drooling* Add: dohnut king! the greatest tasting dohnuts on the world! Evanescence

• Legolas
    Legolas

What do you want to ask them?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd go to the local doughnut shop at 10:00 on a Saturday morning. Who is not in Jeans? Are there book bags under the table? Bingo. JW's are positively slithery when cornered. I haven't had a decent conversation yet. Good luck. P.S. Why annoy them? It will only confirm their persecution complex. I prefer to try and get them to be regular human beings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit