biggest what?

• defd
    defd

mrsjones5

That message was for trevor :0)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

well we are both masters

so cmon be a man (or woman) and spit it out, biggest what?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Going to the meetings couldnt hurt. Jehovahs word is spoken to us there. His spirit is there,

oh my Dog! what am i doing here?

• defd
    defd

well we are both masters

so cmon be a man (or woman) ;and spit it out, biggest what?

I am a man by the way. I have to go now but i will be back on 2 marrow ok? thanks for the chat

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I am a man by the way. I have to go now but i will be back on 2 marrow ok? thanks for the chat

Nice avoidance tactic. By the way this isnt chat...the words dont move.

That's ok you can answer my question tomorrow

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    What are His commandments?

The Ten Commandmants

1. I am the lord your God. You shall have no other god's Besides me.

2. You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain.

3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's day.

4. Honour your father and your mother.

5. You shall not kill

6. You shall not commit adultery.

7. You shall not steal.

8. You shall not bear false witness against your neibour.

9. You shall not covet your neibour's wife. ---->

10. You shall not covet your neibour's goods. ---->

The 7 deadly sins.

1. Pride

2. Avarice (covetousness)

3. Envy

4. Anger

5. Lust

6. Gluttony

7. sloth

Jesus Golden commandmant

Love one another as I have Loved you.

And no drinking Blood you bloody VAMPIRES!!!!

Do you get taught these as a Jehovah's Witness?

Evanescence

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    What are His commandments?

different from his actions.

Are we observing them?

i'd have to be observing his actions, if i wanted to still be honest. and since this would have me spreading dung on peoples faces (Mal. 2:3), i have decided to opt out.

• Tez
    Tez

defd.... you really intrigue me!!! What are you doing on this site? is it a case of ex JW bashing? You say you would rather go to 5 hours of meetings a week????? instead of watching 4 hours of tv... mmmm and would you watch 4 hours of tv if the programmes were the same over and over and over and over again????? From my understanding the 'love of God' does not mean judging your fellow man! So go on tell me... why are you here?? Have you not heard that 'bad association spoils useful habits'???? Have you not read the 'organisations' literature warning you to avoid the internet???? look forward to your reply. Oh and why choose a silly name like 'defd'????

• Spook
    Spook

This shows a few fundamental problem with x-tianity:

(1) Definitions and concepts are obscured and used differently.

(2) The statements are tautalogical, necessitating human authority to interpret and enforce.

Substantiating point one, love is equated with obedience. Yet the authors of books in the bible also refer to god as love. God certainly does not obey god's commandments. That is absurd. God ostensibly loves humans, but their is no obedience involved. This statement empowers manipulative authority figures to say "If you aren't obeying what I say about doctrine XXX, then you aren't showing love for god. You do love god, don't you? Well then, do what I say even if you don't agree." This has created suffering for as long as it has been applied.

For point two, the scripture continues to say "...and his commandments are not burdensome." Well, many people disagree with that. For example, the command to not associate with people who don't believe the same is a burden. The tautology exists in that "burden" is left open, with the follow up of abuse in that "If you feel a command is burdensome, YOU have a problem, and it is YOUR fault." (See "No true Scotsman.")

No. It is not my fault that it is burdensome to obey semitic mystery cults. No. Obeying moral guides for desert dwelling savages does not show love. No, obedience is not in and of itself a virtue. Virtue lies in action, not authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit