Muslim Extremists & JWs----Living A Double Life

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yes JW's are two faced....but so are many "worldly" people.
    But possibly with JW's and Muslims and other Fundy groups the double life is do to a "disconnect". When impossibly high standards are placed upon people somehow they need to "just get through the day" and revert to a "dual personality" as such. Using the scripture "be of the world, but no part of the world" they justify their actions. To them it seems quite sane, logical, and reasonable. To outsiders it looks sociopathic.

• amac
    amac
    and are willing to fight to the death for their religion.

JW's do not "fight" to the death for their religion to the point of killing and terrorizing unsuspecting bystanders.

I agree with Logansrun on this....despite any vague similarities (i.e. double standards, which is quite vague, there are lots of "double standards") comparing JW's to Muslim Extremists, especially in light of the recent terror attacks is irresponsible.

• trevor
    trevor

All these religious groups suffer from the same delusion explained here - courtesy of the Watchtower Society.

One thing hard for many people today to understand is that there can be and there is only one true religion. Why do they rebel against such fact? It is because this would mean that all the other religions are false, and this would include their own religion. Hence, they will need to have the true fact demonstrated to them forcibly. This will be done in the near future, for then, in the midst of the world's greatest tribulation, all false religions will be wiped out and only the one true religion will survive. It will be delivered from the most tremendous anti-religious movement in all human history.

The Watchtower

of January 15, 1976, p. 47
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think it slightly unfair to label just JWs an Muslim extremists as living double lives - there are others that do so also - many politicians for example

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, but politicians won't kill themselves for a stupid cause.

• delilah
    delilah

Politicians send others off to fight their battles.......

• JAVA
    JAVA
    Politicians send others off to fight their battles.......

So very true. :( The Tower's GB is another example of offering up others while they sit around making up the rules.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I recall reading about how some of the 9/11 hijackers were seen the day before 9/11 at a strip club getting smashed on drinks and getting "services" from the girls.

• minimus
    minimus

Elsewhere, I remember that allegation. Was it ever proven true?

• talesin
    talesin
    I recall reading about how some of the 9/11 hijackers were seen the day before 9/11 at a strip club getting smashed on drinks and getting "services" from the girls.

Exactly. Like the elders who get smashed on drinks, then hold judicial committees and get hard-ons hearing the spurious details,,, then condemn the 'victim' to DFing,,,, living death .... torture of the soul. Oh, and let's not forget the Xtian extremists (Klan, abortion clinic bombers, McVey) and the Sikh extremists (Air India flight, over 250 dead) et al. tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit