Muslim Extremists & JWs----Living A Double Life

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Isn't it amazing to see how these people can mingle in society and in reality be living a double life? They may be nice to your face but ultimately, they think we (those who do not conform to their beliefs) deserve death.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

No more than I think that they are class A idiots who put their faith in a load of make believe and deserve a life.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Yeah..."those people." Have you ever considered that millions upon millions of people basically believe this, Minimus? That maybe this is a very unfortunate -- but very common -- aspect of human nature? In fact, MOST people throughout history have believed themselves to be part of a favored "in group" and everyone else part of an evil and/or undesireable "out group."

B.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

That's true, I guess everyone sort of thinks they are right and everyone else is unfortunately living in the dark. But the similarity btwn Extremist Muslims and JWs are they are both very exclusive, very extreme, and are willing to fight to the death for their religion. (JWs will allow themselves or their children to die with no blood transfusion, Extremists Muslims allow themselves to die to make their point.)

I think most others in the world, when backed into a corner will chose life independent from their identified peer group or religion than death standing up for them.

But then again, look at all these young, well meaning kids going off to war for their country...(By the way, as my disclaimer that I am well aware of our hard working troops, I worked at a "boot camp" type of situation for a certain branch of our armed forces recently for a clinical rotation, and I have so much more respect for those guys now. They really do mean well, and THEY ARE SO YOUNG!!! Just babies.)

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Almost all religion think they are the best, and almost all nations think the same. Most people think there generation is better then the next or previous one, many people feel there race is better, then others feel they are smarter or have other better personal qualities then average.

Maybe it is in the human nature, and it takes real power to ascent above it.

Anyway I would think it very unfair to compare jw's with extremist moslims. It is just not the same. Mainstream islam is a better comperation. Mainstream islam thinks also they are better (like jw's) have the shunning (try to become something else as a muslim). and more

The only religion that maybe is an exceptio to the above are the boeddists. They have some real good point.

Danny

• logansrun
    logansrun

Any comparison between JWs and extremist Muslims -- and of course there are some vague similarities -- should at least point out the fact that whereas the latter will murder, kill, torture and maim innocent people, the former will not (although their worldview believes that God will do this in due time).

I think that difference outweighs any similarities.

B.

• doogie
    doogie
    Any comparison between JWs and extremist Muslims -- and of course there are some vague similarities -- should at least point out the fact that whereas the latter will murder, kill, torture and maim innocent people, the former will not (although their worldview believes that God will do this in due time).

i think minimus' point was that there is a private doctrine of intolerance and a public one that is much more friendly. in that respect, they are extremely similiar.

• minimus
    minimus

Just because millions and millions believe in something, it doesn't make a good argument. Who cares? They both lead a double life. They may integrate in society, they may have jobs that help people but in reality, they would just as soon see you dead so that at least you might have a ressurection. You know those 50's WTs that lamented how it's too bad we still couldn't stone wrongdoers....

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

You are correct Doogie.

I have a friend that dated a Moroccan girl and her whole family was very fundamentalist Islam. When he was with them in public and the subject of Jews or something came up they would go on about tolerance, and that "No ... of COURSE we DON'T hate Jews."

But get them alone in a room at night with no non-believers around and their hatred of Jews was downright scary. It would freak my friend out.

Watchtowerites are no different. Their is a cold soulless heart under that fake covering of love. A wolf in sheep's clothing for sure.

-ithinkisee

• minimus
    minimus

JWs are 2 faced. That's why most of them can easily be in the Organization and lead a double life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit