CO says not to read anything on here. So here I am. Hello

by ocsrf 54 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome! I like your rebellious spirit! I too was a teenager who could never be good enough for Jehoover and am surprised I didn't commit suicide.

Skyman--I like your pumpkin but I really miss your mask picture. It was like you were laughing at a secret joke or something.

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome to the board! Hope to hear more from you. You will like it here. So much freedom.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

We are programmed to recieve, you can check out, but you can never leave. Welcome!

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

The CO did not mention the site, but the inference was that all such sites were bad and not to be looked at. The theme of staying far away from apostates is the proper course for all faithful witnesses. I agree with many who have posted and indicated that there is more of a push to stop the flow towards viewing such things. This message is loud and clear. I have been viewing this site and others for some time. But, I really do think that there is alot more being said about it.

The lack of love within the organization has always bothered me, I was fortunate to have found a small congregation that valued me as a person, so for many years I did not see or want to see this pervasive lack of love. The issue of 1914 just cemented the idea for me that this religion is not any more connected to God than any other. Just different rules and different theology. I believe that there are many good things this religion provides for their people, but perhaps at the expense of others. A belief system is good for most, not sure what I have now, I suppose that will be a work in progress for the future.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Oc,

not sure what I have now, I suppose that will be a work in progress for the future.

That the way I veiw and I have been out for 4 years.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello and welcome!

The lack of love within the organization has always bothered me, I was fortunate to have found a small congregation that valued me as a person, so for many years I did not see or want to see this pervasive lack of love.

Agreed! THIS is supposed to be THE identifying mark but is rarely found within the Watchtower Society. Always making excuses and overlooking the obvious, I found the same thing in the three KHs I attended. (30 years worth)

Glad that you found us and look forward to hearing more from you...

hugs,

Annie

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

great intro post ocsrf! Welcome!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

OC.Take it slow and easy. We are all here to help you. You will find many friends on this site. WELCOME!

Blueblades

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

ocs -

Hi and Welcome!
    I know you will find so many of us who can truly relate to your past and current feelings.
    I was 'in the truth' from age 10 until about my early-to-mid 30's. I feel a part of this community even though I'm not so 'chatty' here.
    It's a great place to explore, express, contemplate and observe.
    In the org I really found that by spending so much time and energy 'showing' the depth of my spirituality, I was actually killing it - literally - hour by hour. I found that the more I tried to show, the less was really there. (Did I say that right?? I hope that makes sense.)
    Seeing how much more attention was placed on demonstrating our love and commitment rather than true feelings and real, honest, sincere heart-felt actions made me look more closely at other fascades within the cong. I was dying inside a little more each hour of every day. I thought something was wrong with me and the more I did, the less worthy I felt.
    I have been inactive since probably 1990 or so but still behaved and, for the most part, believed as a JW. This site helped me sort out reality from fantasy.

Again, let me say 'welcome'. BTW, this was a real nice intro post from you.
    Glad to have you along.
    -Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Knowledge/Wisdom.)

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

yes 1814 generationv is a killer. talk about lack of love. today i saw 2 jw's talking to a young man wife, with 2 babies. i stopped and asked did the jw;s tell this young couple that the wt is a false prophet etc. well they ran away. but i saw the jw's give them some change. it was 15 cents. i think they may have been drug attacks. begging from the jw's they asked me for $$$$$$$$ i walked up to the local pizza store. with them . and got them all something to eat. at least the kids got some food. and the jw's offered 2 mag's and 15 cents. i directed this young family that looked like they were on drugs. to a church a few blocks away that hands out food. and maybe other programs to help them. even tho they thanked me for feeding them. ans told me how cheap the jw's were. i don't think they will go to the church. or any other place. and just beg for drug $$$$$$. but i tried. more than the jw's did. as they thanked me. sad story john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit