"Tear Down the Watchtower Day!"

by 144001 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

EvilForce:

March 4th sounds good! It gives a full two weeks to recover for St. Patty's Day.

Tsk tsk. wuss!! j/k

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I love the idea!! I'll vote for March 4th since it was suggested first. I don't really care either way though.

GBL

So far we have four confirmed votes, counting my own, for March 4th, one for October 1, one for March 15, and another for January 8.

I think the holiday should stand on its own, so although 10/31 has significance (Chuckie Russel's kick the bucket day), it would cause competition with another worthwhile holiday (Halloween folks!), celebration of which in itself is objectionable to the Watchtower cult.

As for Scully's recommendation for 10/1, as the anniversary of the date that Armageddon was predicted, there's one big problem. Apparently, this cult couldn't get its act together even on falsely prophesizing Armageddon. I remember being told that Armageddon would be occurring on 10/22/75. I guess our elders were either stupid or in need of additional programming sessions.

Four votes for March 4th is hardly sufficient to qualify this date either. We need some more input from the users of this forum.

As for the activities one could do that day, one person suggested wearing Santa Claus suit, etc.. While this is fine, the real idea is to actually take action that is adverse to the Watchtower's financial and associated public relations interests. The lambs on the lawn is one idea, others include letter writing to newspapers, photographing child abuse at kingdom halls and assemby halls and alerting local authorities to any child abuse one captures on film, etc. It might also be a good day for filing a lawsuit against the Watchtower, assuming you have a valid legal reason for doing so. If you can't find a lawyer to take your case on a contingency, there's always the small claims court. Imagine the impact on New York of having to defend thousands of lawsuits in small claims courts across the country. It would be impossible and extremely frustrating. To maximize effectiveness, everyone would need to sue the same legal entity, among others if they desire.

Each of us can smash this Watchtower, one brick at a time. I've got a large sledge hammer, and I'm looking forward to putting it to use. Although the odds are on the side of the scum that run the Watchtower cult, I've learned that nothing is impossible in life unless you actually believe it to be. WATCHTOWER VICTIMS, TEAR DOWN THAT WATCHTOWER!!!

Please give me your thoughts on the dates. Thanks to all for your interest!

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    So far we have four confirmed votes, counting my own, for March 4th, one for October 1, one for March 15, and another for January 8.

I am casting my vote for January 8.

• Scully
    Scully

At first, I thought October 1 would be the most expedient - we could observe it first in 2005, as opposed to the other dates suggested (other than CT Russell's d.date on Oct 31).

Now that I think of it, March 4 would coincide with the WTS's own accelerated preaching, "encouragement" to auxiliary pioneer, etc, leading up to the Memorial. If we wanted to create a publicity campaign that made a mockery of that all important date to JWs, it would be considered close to the ultimate act of apostasy in the eyes of the WTS.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I was giong to suggest the proposed date for Armaggedon (October) - but was beaten to it - so I'll just second Scully's suggestion!!

• bebu
    bebu

I'm not one to vote on this... but "March 4th" sounds like a command: "march forth" (to tear it down). That would make it easier to remember, perhaps.

bebu

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

I'm all for having a day that celebrates a persons freedom for the org and having a day to batter the foundations of the WT but I want to have my cake and eat in. March 4 th is a great day for protest but I take my celebrating seriously, it would be like Christ getting in the way of celebrating Christmas. Why not have March the 4 th and October 1 st ? March for the protesting, October for the partying.

Just and idea but i vote for March 4 th anyway.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

When I first read this, I was all in favor of the October 1st date since I DAed my self in October. But I like the "March 4th" (forth) date because it's easy to remember and why! So I'll vote for March 4th!

Annie

• rebel8
    rebel8

Some “days” are already in existence that may be of interest

Jan 22 Celebration of Life Day

Jan 30 Escape Day

Feb 1 Freedom Day (it is also Serpent Day)

Mar 3 Be Happy Day

Mar 16 Freedom of Information Day

Mar 30 I am in Control Day

Apr 8 All is Ours Day

Jul 3 Disobedience Day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit