"Tear Down the Watchtower Day!"

by 144001 39 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

An excellent idea! I was going to suggest the date of Chuckie T. Russells demise, but alas, he died on Oct.31, 1916, and I enjoy halloween

too much! Next on the list, Judge Booze Rutherfords death, on January 8? I think this date is pretty much open?!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I'll second the motion to make March 4th tear down the Watchtower Day.

• Preston
    Preston
    An excellent idea! I was going to suggest the date of Chuckie T. Russells demise, but alas, he died on Oct.31, 1916, and I enjoy halloween

I wouldn't of suspected from the Bauhaus avatar

- Preston

• talesin
    talesin

Great idea, I'm in!

Placing those signs on the KH lawn with the silent lambs URL on them was such a rush.

March is usually kinda brrrrr for anyone not living in the south for any outdoor activity, though.

tal

ps. always enjoy yr posts 144, keep up the good work.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Preston,

Glad to find another "Are you being served?" fan!

Cheers to the BBC!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

March 4th sounds good! It gives a full two weeks to recover for St. Patty's Day.

• Scully
    Scully

Back in the early 70s, they used to Suggest™ that Armageddon would arrive by October 1, 1975. I think it would be fitting to have our first ever annual Tear Down the Watchtower Day on the 30th anniversary of that NON event: October 1, 2005. By that time, the statistics for the World Wide Report for the 2005 Service Year (Sept 1/04 - Aug 31/05) will start trickling in too, so we can see how much of an impact we've had on their numbers.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

hey, great idea, Scully. Since I was one that watched 1975 come and go. But do I really want to celebrate a disappointment? hmmm, just thinking outloud.

I really don't want anything interferring with halloween, so Russel's d/day is out for me.

What about when the WT was registered in PA? Even though I think Rutherford set the WT in motion to what it is today.

Otherwise, March whatever you found sounds great.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Question is, how will we mark the day? Suggestion: we all put on red Santa Claus suits, a birthday hat, carrying trick-or-treat bags filled with chocolate easter bunnies then march down to the red cross and donate blood? Maybe not practical.....

• Sith
    Sith

Every day is "Tear Down The Watchtower" for me. October 1st, March 4th...it's all good. Let's organize the damn thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit