About to get df'd(?) need suggestions.

by Insomniac 40 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Make up a banner for the front of your store, and have an, "I just got kicked out of a gay bashing, mind controling cult" sale at your store. The Goths will love it, so will your gay patrons.

Jeannie

• daystar
    daystar

That is a fantastic idea!

But I would modify - "I just got kicked out of a gay bashing, mind controlling Christian cult" to lure more of the Goths in.

(recovering Goth as well)

• Now What?
    Now What?

I just know that I'm happy, and I've not been happy in a long while, and I feel like celebrating.

Being happy sounds like reason enough for celebration to me.

I agree with daystar in that really WE are the ones that can decide if WE are jw or not. Some arbitrary group of men doesn't really have that right. However, if you want some little action of closure, how about sending each of the elders a little thank you note: Thank you for removing me from you membership records. It would likely be taken as a DA, but who cares? The practical matter is the same. Their little announcement in their little world will be the same either way that you are not a jw anymore, but this way YOU at least initiated your own closure on it. A threat of DF is their last 'big' threat (well big to them anyways). A little note strips them of that power that they think they have.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here, for the Glad To Be Gone party, we usually have Goodbye Stew and K.M.A. cake for desert.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would have said to beat them to the punch and publicly da yourself. But, now, from what I understand, everyone, regardless of da'ing or df'ing simply gets announced as no longer being one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Have a big ole party?

Josie

• shera
    shera

OH MY GAWD!! It burns me up when they feel they have controll over people(who left) who have nothing to do with their pathic cult.

I can't even express how it makes me really feel.... like they think they have a right to go in your store and act like that.NERVE! Arrogant! LOL

BITE MY A$$,is what they need to hear.

I don't play by their rules,if I see one of them,I'm not going to be embaressed or feel like I have to shy away,or leave their presence.

• shera
    shera

If they come by and ask you questions,tell them you have no idea what they are talking about and if they keep this up,you will call the police for haressment.

hehe

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Sorry to hear the news !!

I would give anything to fade away quietly from this nightmare instead of being caught up in scandal then shunned and treated like a non-person.... if the elders had forgotten all about me i wouldn't want to remind them...

... but i suppose everyone deals with things in their own way...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hey, I liked your idea of having a party!

You should have that sale too--that would be a great anti-witness! Make handouts that describe how you were "kicked out" of a mind control cult you haven't been a member of for several years (what sense does that make?). Tell them how anti-gay, anti-pagan, anti-everything normal they are. Back to the party....

Menu ideas:

Free range chicken

Pesticide-free veggie platter

Freedom fries

Dance of freedom cocktail

Decorations:

Chains and handcuffs that have been broken

Poster of a watchtower falling down

Anything so-called pagan: flags, crosses, whatever!

Poster of Venus and whatshername, the tennis twins, running with a flag in their hands

Poster of the UN NGO mission statement

Games:

Burning of an effigy of your most notorious elder, made entirely from Watchtowers

Variation on the quarters game, except instead of a quarter and shot glass, substitute a nerf ball and jw bookbag (whoever misses has to drink a shot)

Birthday game—whoever’s birthday is closest to fall 1975 wins a door prize

Guessing game—fill a giant jar with as many Asleep! Magazines you can—whoever guesses how many wins a prize

Costume contest—whoever has the funniest jw-related costume wins a prize (I can imagine this...people dressed as JWs in suits, Michael Jackson in Thriller, inmates, etc.)

Music:

Jailhouse rock

Old “negro” spirituals that mention freedom (Sorry, I know the word negro is not PC, but that’s what those songs are called)

US patriotic songs

Michael Jackson music (especially Thriller)

George Benson music

NO kingdumb melodies please

Etc. Now that I’ve planned it, can I come? (kidding—I’m too far away)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit