Gilead students told...other JWs are a bunch of slackers!

by sir82 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Once again Blondie, your comments are dead accurate. The hyprocrisy is mind-boggling. If anyone believes that the Bethel upper crust -- or even the drones there -- make every one of the five meetings a week for weeks on end, go knocking on doors every weekend, conduct Bible studies and sit through every hour of every convention/assembly to which they're assigned, are hopelessly naive.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I got from an insider who worked in the office at Bethel, that as far as he was concerned he did a 40 hour week for Jehovah so saw no reason to do more than the required minimum hours in service.

Compare this with brothers I knew who worked a 40+ hour week and then felt guilty if they did less than 20 hours out of their own time off from secular work.

What about the guy in bethel who made chees for Jehovah even though he did not enjoy it. He said it was still sacred service.

Maybe I should go work in a cheese factory and count the time...

HB

• blondie
    blondie

Unless they have changed it, Bethelites used to work 44 hour weeks approximately; men worked 3 Saturday mornings out of 4 until they reached 50 then only 2 Saturdays out of four.

Of course, some Bethelites didn't work too hard; others were overworked in my opinion.

Blondie

• Room 215
    Room 215

... and as far as the Gilead instructor's low opinion of rank-and-file JWs in the local congregations, anyone who's been at Bethel can confirm that many if not most Bethelites regard the locals condescendingly if not contemptuously as naive yokels .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit