Gilead students told...other JWs are a bunch of slackers!

by sir82 73 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    It was brought out that Christendom and the world smacks of

Baalism today. Sad to say, like the Israelites sometimes even Jehovah's

people can be affected with Baalism

soo..if your not a full time pioneer, gilead student etc..your a baal worshiper?

i really hate feeling so worthless and that my life has been such a freakin waste.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Well this is what's really sad--slave away for the Borg instead of going to college; that way when you are older and have a family to support, you can spend every waking moment thinking of ways to get by/pay bills/get a higher paying job. Yeah that's the best way to spend your life--worrying about not making too much money so that you can worry about not having enough money! Idiots!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Besides, you can just go to Bethel and serve and let the WTS decide if you're good enough at kneeling under the table serving Jehovah and they will send you to University!

Kwin

• xjwms
    xjwms

Was that a vomit alert?

Offer their children on the alter of edcuation

(Running away screaming)

• joelbear
    joelbear

lol.

i remember when a talk like this would have filled me with much guilt

and caused great discussion amongst people about who they should

associate with and who they should mark as bad association.

freedom good.

• Scully
    Scully
    They don't want the deeper things of the truth but always say to keep it simple.

Compare that to what Karl Klein reportedly stated (source: Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses site):

"If you have a tendency towards 'apostasy', get a hobby and keep yourself busy to keep your mind off of it. Stay away from deep Bible study to determine meanings of the scriptures."

This quote was allegedly uttered in an address to the Watchtower Society, on April 30 1980. Similar sentiments are frequently expressed in The Watchtower (Nov. 1 1961 p. 668, Jul. 1 1965 p. 391, Oct. 1 1967 p. 587, Dec. 1 1981 p. 27, Aug. 15 1981 p. 28, Oct 1 1994 p. 6). I remember that when I was a Witness, the expression "independent thinker" was used only in a pejorative sense.

They wont take Friday off for the convention.

Well, let's see now what the options are for a lot of JWs: work and earn a living, or take Friday off for the convention and not be able to afford to pay my rent this month? I'm sure this was uttered by some bird in a gilded cage life-long Bethelite who has been living off the generosity of donations from the World Wide Brotherhood since he was 18 years old, and wouldn't be able to survive in the real world for even six months. Moron!

They reserve many weekends for leisure. Where do they get their enjoyment; from a weekend away from Christian activities with their brothers or with the brothers in theocratic activities?

Apparently, Theocratic Activities™ are not the "my load is kindly and my yoke is light" thing that Jesus described them to be. Who's fault is that? Who decided that people needed to go to 5 meetings a week and door-to-door every weekend? Who keeps pushing for MORE MORE MORE? Who can't get enough servitude out of every JW man, woman and child? @$$holes.

Sometimes their parties and weddings become Baal-like.

Somebody sounds bitter about not getting an invitation.

They slow down in service and meetings to get more material prosperity.

They slow down in service and meetings because they aren't getting anything out of it!! At least with working and "material prosperity" (which I'm assuming they mean by that something as simple as owning a residence rather than throwing money away on rent for 25 years) people have something to show for their hard work and effort.

They say pioneering is not for everyone, but a university education is very important.

Pioneering apparently is not for everyone - I was TOLD that by AN ELDER. Otherwise, my application for pioneer service would not have been rejected. The elders decided I wasn't wanting to pioneer for the "right reasons". If they can afford to be picky about who they accept as pioneers, then they'd best stop bitching about people finding other pursuits in life.

They will offer up their children on the altar of education.

At least the altar of education isn't going to end up KILLING my children. Unlike the altar of NO BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS that they expect JWs to offer up their children on. Funny how it's always @$$holes at Bethel who DON'T HAVE KIDS who just don't get what kind of sacrifice they are asking people to make.

I'm done.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    They will offer up their children on the altar of education.

That's hillarious. How many more children have to die at college before we recognize them for the evil that they are, dammit!

SNG

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

lol@sng...

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Ain't elitism grand?

W.

• blondie
    blondie

An observation about Bethelites.

Whenever I was around them, they were always showing me what travel deals they got living in NYC and how a certain brother got them even better deals. I was a poor pioneer who found it difficult to keep gas in my car to get me to work let alone fly down to the Bahamas twice a year. I always wondered how they financed these trips----donations from the friends who thought they were poor Bethelites.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit