Tribute to London Emergency Services

by diamondblue1974 26 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

I have been so impressed with the professionalism of all those involved in emergency services. They are a real credit and inspiration to everyone around the world. No wonder those were so much more calm and reserved than normal. These folks are overcoming this evil by their bravery.

bebu

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

Its a great display of how great humanity can be. More heroes in the world than disgusting cowards with no respect for life. Great work to all involved in rescue and help etc.

• andy2tanx
    andy2tanx

...as a firefighter I feel truly glad that you people feel this way. So how does it make you feel when I tell you that members of the fire service in the UK go to terrorist incidents and the government still have not addressed the issue of insurance for us. If a firefighter gets killed or whilst attending a terrorist threat then his life insurance is at the moment invalid. that would leave families with mortgages to pay, loans to deal with etc. And yet we still go.... If you feel strongly enough about the way the emergency services react to incidents, I would implore each one of you to write to your MP, getting the government to address the slow destruction of the fire service under the guise of modernisation. If you need more info then go to www.fbu.org.uk where you will find many of the issues surrounding the fire service and what the government is doing to us. you will also be able to contact your MP through this site. Thanks and sorry for getting political on your asses!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

You have a right to be political mate...if you risk your neck helping others the very least you can expect is that your family are protected should the worst happen.

Good point!

DB74

• upside/down
    upside/down

The terrorist's weapon is fear...

Fear must be given or allowed....

Give them NOTHING! Allow them NOTHING!

Carry on...as best we can and remove their "weapon".

u/d

"Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!"

• Ellie
    Ellie

Andy2tanx - I agree completely with what you are saying, I have already written to my mp about this and would urge others to do the same.

You guys do a marvellous job, and your just not appreciated, I hate the way the government treat you, my dad was a fireman and 3 members of my family still are, so know exactly where you are coming from.

Lets hope that the terrorist attacks in London can raise awareness and get the government to treat you fairly!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I remember them highlighting on the radio that since 9/11 especially, all the emergency services had prepared for this in great detail. Well done to them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit